JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I impulsively bought one for my son a few days ago. There is a sale and rebate in effect that brought the reduced $349 price down to $299. It was for his first shotgun. It was that or a Savage 301 single shot.

Fit and finish is good and very tight. The action is so tight that it doesn't open easily.

I'm interested in impressions from others who own one, have handled one or have an opinion based on someone they know who has one.

I realize that you get what you pay for and that this is ridiculously cheap so I don't need reminders that I did something stupid.

JUNK!!! Stay Away!!! I had it few years back, went for repair couple of times. Trigger spring, lower barrel firing pin spring, upper barrel crack firing pin. Because of this gun I miss hunting season. One hunt was guided so I was hunting like with single shot.

JUNK!!! Stay Away!!! I had it few years back, went for repair couple of times. Trigger spring, lower barrel firing pin spring, upper barrel crack firing pin. Because of this gun I miss hunting season. One hunt was guided so I was hunting like with single shot.

That's what I was afraid of. I'm going to get him an 870 Express instead.

I guess I own a crappy O/U now. :(

That's what I was afraid of. I'm going to get him an 870 Express instead.

I guess I own a crappy O/U now. :(
My first shotgun at age 15 was a 12 gauge Ithaca Model 37 (pump)
A very good gun but as with any pump or break-open you're getting the full force of recoil because the gun is "locked up".
I became a much better shooter when I got my first gas gun (semi-auto).
They take the edge off the recoil and make follow-up shots organic.

On the used market you can sometimes score a Hall-of Famer for a reasonable price.
My favorites :
Browning B-80 steel receiver (it's a Beretta with a Browning skin)
Remington 1100
Fitment is everything

My first shotgun at age 15 was a 12 gauge Ithaca Model 37 (pump)
A very good gun but as with any pump or break-open you're getting the full force of recoil because the gun is "locked up".
I became a much better shooter when I got my first gas gun (semi-auto).
They take the edge off the recoil and make follow-up shots organic.

On the used market you can sometimes score a Hall-of Famer for a reasonable price.
My favorites :
Browning B-80 steel receiver (it's a Beretta with a Browning skin)
Remington 1100
Fitment is everything

I bought my son a new 870 instead. Now I have a new, unfired and in the box Condor. Someone make me an offer.

I impulsively bought one for my son a few days ago. There is a sale and rebate in effect that brought the reduced $349 price down to $299. It was for his first shotgun. It was that or a Savage 301 single shot.

Fit and finish is good and very tight. The action is so tight that it doesn't open easily.

I'm interested in impressions from others who own one, have handled one or have an opinion based on someone they know who has one.

I realize that you get what you pay for and that this is ridiculously cheap so I don't need reminders that I did something stupid.
Sounds like you should've gotten him the Stevens 301.
I've actually heard some good reviews from owners.
....and I bet it was less than $299, too. ;)

Dean

Sounds like you should've gotten him the Stevens 301.
I've actually heard some good reviews from owners.
....and I bet it was less than $299, too. ;)

Dean

It's funny you mentioned that. I did buy him a Stevens 301. But after it came I thought his first gun should be something more cool.

So I kept the Stevens for myself. I added an extra full choke and have used it for hunting.