Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Stoeger Condor Field Grade (interested in thoughts from those who own or have used one)

Reactions
I impulsively bought one for my son a few days ago. There is a sale and rebate in effect that brought the reduced $349 price down to $299. It was for his first shotgun. It was that or a Savage 301 single shot.

Fit and finish is good and very tight. The action is so tight that it doesn't open easily.

I'm interested in impressions from others who own one, have handled one or have an opinion based on someone they know who has one.

I realize that you get what you pay for and that this is ridiculously cheap so I don't need reminders that I did something stupid.

Reactions
JUNK!!! Stay Away!!! I had it few years back, went for repair couple of times. Trigger spring, lower barrel firing pin spring, upper barrel crack firing pin. Because of this gun I miss hunting season. One hunt was guided so I was hunting like with single shot.

OP
Honor
Reactions
JUNK!!! Stay Away!!! I had it few years back, went for repair couple of times. Trigger spring, lower barrel firing pin spring, upper barrel crack firing pin. Because of this gun I miss hunting season. One hunt was guided so I was hunting like with single shot.
That's what I was afraid of. I'm going to get him an 870 Express instead.

I guess I own a crappy O/U now. :(

DirectDrive

Reactions
That's what I was afraid of. I'm going to get him an 870 Express instead.

I guess I own a crappy O/U now. :(
My first shotgun at age 15 was a 12 gauge Ithaca Model 37 (pump)
A very good gun but as with any pump or break-open you're getting the full force of recoil because the gun is "locked up".
I became a much better shooter when I got my first gas gun (semi-auto).
They take the edge off the recoil and make follow-up shots organic.

On the used market you can sometimes score a Hall-of Famer for a reasonable price.
My favorites :
Browning B-80 steel receiver (it's a Beretta with a Browning skin)
Remington 1100
Fitment is everything

OP
Honor
Reactions
My first shotgun at age 15 was a 12 gauge Ithaca Model 37 (pump)
A very good gun but as with any pump or break-open you're getting the full force of recoil because the gun is "locked up".
I became a much better shooter when I got my first gas gun (semi-auto).
They take the edge off the recoil and make follow-up shots organic.

On the used market you can sometimes score a Hall-of Famer for a reasonable price.
My favorites :
Browning B-80 steel receiver (it's a Beretta with a Browning skin)
Remington 1100
Fitment is everything
I bought my son a new 870 instead. Now I have a new, unfired and in the box Condor. Someone make me an offer.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley