JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$400
Manufacturer
Stoeger
Caliber
12 Gauge
City
Gresham
State
Oregon
I have a Stoeger Coach Gun for sale in 12 gauge with 20" barrels. One barrel is a Modified choke, one barrel is an Improved Cylinder choke and has two triggers. Very few rounds fired (less than 20), walnut stock, blued metal, gel-lined leather butt pad. SOLD, buyer pays transfer.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
The barrel says 3" chamber, I'm afraid I don't know if it's safe with steel shot, that's usually dependent on chokes right? It's probably okay in the IC barrel but maybe not in the Modified barrel. Definitely DON'T take my word for it though, see if you can find some literature to be sure!

If you can't find anything I'll root around and try to find the manual to see if there's something about steel shot in there.

The barrel says 3" chamber, I'm afraid I don't know if it's safe with steel shot, that's usually dependent on chokes right? It's probably okay in the IC barrel but maybe not in the Modified barrel. Definitely DON'T take my word for it though, see if you can find some literature to be sure!

If you can't find anything I'll root around and try to find the manual to see if there's something about steel shot in there.

I believe steel shot issues are mostly with softer barrel steel on older shotguns. I'm not sure what the benefit of steel shot would be in a 20 inch barrelled shotgun, unless you live on a wetland and are afraid of shooting a bad guy and getting a ticket for using lead near waterfowl.

I believe steel shot issues are mostly with softer barrel steel on older shotguns. I'm not sure what the benefit of steel shot would be in a 20 inch barrelled shotgun, unless you live on a wetland and are afraid of shooting a bad guy and getting a ticket for using lead near waterfowl.
Might get a wild hair and use it for ducks

Even broader and more general... "usually" the right barrel has a slightly tighter bore than the left for a tighter pattern (front trigger). It wasn't asked, but it's why you should never fire slugs out of a double without verifying the presence of (or lack of) a choke, aka: modified cyl bore.

Even broader and more general... "usually" the right barrel has a slightly tighter bore than the left for a tighter pattern (front trigger). It wasn't asked, but it's why you should never fire slugs out of a double without verifying the presence of (or lack of) a choke, aka: modified cyl bore.

It's been my experience with fixed choke SXS shotguns that the left barrel is always one constriction tighter than the right. LEFT=FULL. 4 letters each. The front trigger is for the right barrel (mod) and back trigger is for the left (full) on an old Lefever Nitro Special in 20ga, and in a 70's vintage Winchester Model 23 in 12ga that has a barrel selector, the right barrel is still mod and the left full. If that convention has changed, I would be surprised.

I would not hesitate to shoot steel in it. As long as it's not full choked for lead (tighter than steel full choke). Maybe have forcing cones lengthened, a smoother transition from chamber to bore.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.