Manufacturer
Stoeger
Caliber
12 Gauge
City
Gresham
State
Oregon
I have a Stoeger Coach Gun for sale in 12 gauge with 20" barrels. One barrel is a Modified choke, one barrel is an Improved Cylinder choke and has two triggers. Very few rounds fired (less than 20), walnut stock, blued metal, gel-lined leather butt pad. $400, buyer pays transfer.

16VG9cM.jpg UqOguHn.jpg tbs1nM3.jpg m7HnDaZ.jpg wdcrCBG.jpg

Rules & Terms
I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last edited:
OP
Flubb
Reactions
The barrel says 3" chamber, I'm afraid I don't know if it's safe with steel shot, that's usually dependent on chokes right? It's probably okay in the IC barrel but maybe not in the Modified barrel. Definitely DON'T take my word for it though, see if you can find some literature to be sure!

If you can't find anything I'll root around and try to find the manual to see if there's something about steel shot in there.

No_Regerts

Reactions
The barrel says 3" chamber, I'm afraid I don't know if it's safe with steel shot, that's usually dependent on chokes right? It's probably okay in the IC barrel but maybe not in the Modified barrel. Definitely DON'T take my word for it though, see if you can find some literature to be sure!

If you can't find anything I'll root around and try to find the manual to see if there's something about steel shot in there.
I believe steel shot issues are mostly with softer barrel steel on older shotguns. I’m not sure what the benefit of steel shot would be in a 20 inch barrelled shotgun, unless you live on a wetland and are afraid of shooting a bad guy and getting a ticket for using lead near waterfowl.

Hyak55171

Reactions
I believe steel shot issues are mostly with softer barrel steel on older shotguns. I’m not sure what the benefit of steel shot would be in a 20 inch barrelled shotgun, unless you live on a wetland and are afraid of shooting a bad guy and getting a ticket for using lead near waterfowl.
Might get a wild hair and use it for ducks

Hyak55171

Reactions
Reactions
Even broader and more general... "usually" the right barrel has a slightly tighter bore than the left for a tighter pattern (front trigger). It wasn't asked, but it's why you should never fire slugs out of a double without verifying the presence of (or lack of) a choke, aka: modified cyl bore.
It’s been my experience with fixed choke SXS shotguns that the left barrel is always one constriction tighter than the right. LEFT=FULL. 4 letters each. The front trigger is for the right barrel (mod) and back trigger is for the left (full) on an old Lefever Nitro Special in 20ga, and in a 70’s vintage Winchester Model 23 in 12ga that has a barrel selector, the right barrel is still mod and the left full. If that convention has changed, I would be surprised.

Reactions
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Howdy Y'all
I would not hesitate to shoot steel in it. As long as it's not full choked for lead (tighter than steel full choke). Maybe have forcing cones lengthened, a smoother transition from chamber to bore.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Oakanogan Gun Show
Oakanogan County Fairgrounds
175 Rodeo Trail, Okanogan, WA 98840, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• 36 Pit
    3.00 star(s)
    I'm probably just reiterating what others have said, but I like hearing (seeing) myself speak. This gets 3 stars because when the place isn't...
  • Cascade Loan & Sporting Goods
    3.00 star(s)
    I am giving this review because at one time I was a really big customer there. Back in the day, I bought at least a dozen used guns from Cascade...
  • Cabela's - Tualatin
    1.00 star(s)
    Took the day off today to go see my cancer Dr in Potland and stopped by Cabelas on the way back to work. They were open an hour early (9:00) for...
  • Cabela's - Tualatin
    3.00 star(s)
    My review is from a visit I made to Cabela's at the start of May 2020. I was there strictly to shop for a Pietta black powder revolver. Because...
  • Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    I've used Gordon several times for transfers and even bought a couple guns through him and I have always been treated excellent!
Top Bottom