JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You don't need a ton of money unless you want to buy it all at once. I made the rounds to local gun shops every other week or so. Buy a box of ammo here or a magazine there. Over time it adds up without breaking the bank. To rip off a fruit tree planting saying,
When's the best time to start buying ammo and magazines? Five years ago... Or today.
Look. There are no magazine bans in effect now, so there's no reason not to start accumulating now.

Cheap, but they'll get you on the shipping.
These tanks are great for putting down unarmed protestors. Against Israeli or American tanks...Not so much

You don't need a ton of money unless you want to buy it all at once. I made the rounds to local gun shops every other week or so. Buy a box of ammo here or a magazine there. Over time it adds up without breaking the bank. To rip off a fruit tree planting saying,
When's the best time to start buying ammo and magazines? Five years ago... Or today.
Look. There are no magazine bans in effect now, so there's no reason not to start accumulating now.
This is actually the Golden Age to be buying mags.
They will NEVER be cheaper !
Act.

The last time I bought 9mm 50/$9.00 was the end of the ammo buying Golden Age.
About 2 years ago, methinks.

Those that didn't see the writing on the wall didn't plan ahead. I did and have plenty of both.
Glad I went long five years ago when there was a glut due to Trump's unexpected election win. The bottom fell out of ammo, mags, and AR's.
I checked with BiMart and they are all out of 90mm and 100mm shells. The only ones that can get have to be shipped from Afghanistan and only work in US tanks.

Glad I went long five years ago when there was a glut due to Trump's unexpected election win. The bottom fell out of ammo, mags, and AR's.
It wasn't that long ago that a LOT of us were saying buy cheap and stack deep.

Now people are accusing people like me of "hoarding" because we have adequate supplies of ammo that we bought at the time when it is the panic buyers and first time gun owners who are keeping the prices inflated. :rolleyes:

I checked with BiMart and they are all out of 90mm and 100mm shells. The only ones that can get have to be shipped from Afghanistan and only work in US tanks.
Well we all know that Democrats are the best gun and ammo salesmen in America.

Then there was "Freedom Week" where you could have purchase hi cap mags, but if you use them and your weapon isn't a registered AW or a .22, you've just committed a felony. PAX
There was no mechanism in place to see if your California rifle was registered or not. A cop would have to confiscate it and have his office request a check by the CADOJ. People were not required to carry or show proof of registration and most cops didn't want to deal with the ridiculous law. The only busts I'm aware of involved the usual drunk driver with an AR in the trunk or felon in possession stuff. Regular citizens were pretty much left alone.

Meh
Everybody in CA commits felonies on the regular. It's part of the culture.
Not me. I've been at it too long and enjoy my freedom too much to risk any potential entanglements. Plus, I traded my onliest AR for an A5.
There was no mechanism in place to see if your California rifle was registered or not. A cop would have to confiscate it and have his office request a check by the CADOJ. People were not required to carry or show proof of registration and most cops didn't want to deal with the ridiculous law. The only busts I'm aware of involved the usual drunk driver with an AR in the trunk or felon in possession stuff. Regular citizens were pretty much left alone.
Some guys with registered AWs keep a copy of the weapons status with them, just in case. PAX

Not me. I've been at it too long and enjoy my freedom too much to risk any potential entanglements. Plus, I traded my onliest AR for an A5.

Some guys with registered AWs keep a copy of the weapons status with them, just in case. PAX
Did any of them ever have to show it to a law enforcement officer?

Did any of them ever have to show it to a law enforcement officer?
I don't know if anyone has. It was a suggestion by Calguns administration that registered AW owners do so. I know many do fellas carry copies of their AW papers with them just in case. There's some screwed up rules regarding AW transport too. Some keep the AW flow chart with them as well, to "help" LEO visualize/understand/determine AW features (or lack of) if necessary. https://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf
It's my understanding that no one bothers with you about mags, but they could. The paper aides in facilitating any "splainin". PAX

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top