JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_0317_zpsd1hfs2nd.jpg

All ammo is in original boxes and put in cans according to caliber.

For those of us that store our stock pile of ammo in the safe many people don't think about how much weight they now have per square ft. on their floor.

All ammo is in original boxes and put in cans according to caliber.

For those of us that store our stock pile of ammo in the safe many people don't think about how much weight they now have per square ft. on their floor.

Actually a good point on weight if your house can not handle it.

I had to put one of mine in the garage because it is 4000+ lbs empty;)

I ditch individual boxes and dump into 30 cal cans until full. Packaging just takes up room and something else to throw away at the range and is easier to load at the range. I'm considering a second safe for mag/ammo storage as well. It's just becoming a space and organization issue.

I "heard" that you can get @ 19,100 rounds of 5.56 which is stored in Mil spec 50 cal. ammo cans with the odd 30 cal can or 2 into one of those cheap $99 Stack-on 14 gun safes. In addition to having your ammo both moisture proof and needing a key to access, you will be able to regain that narrow path left behind to get to your freezer again.

Everything is ammo canned so can be moved at once.
Other then a few spares, the magazines are in ammo cans for moving quickly.
One pet peeve I think about is if I have to move quickly having ammo all shelved why looks pretty will take hours to move and one would have to find boxes etc that could hold the weight. I have it set where 15 minutes and everything is out loaded on the truck. No use having ammo if I cant take it with me in SHTF .

But like many others I too lost all mine in a boating accident !
55b8cc0df3af2.image.jpg

55b8cc0df3af2.image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is ammo canned so can be moved at once.
Other then a few spares, the magazines are in ammo cans for moving quickly.
One pet peeve I think about is if I have to move quickly having ammo all shelved why looks pretty will take hours to move and one would have to find boxes etc that could hold the weight. I have it set where 15 minutes and everything is out loaded on the truck. No use having ammo if I cant take it with me in SHTF .

But like many others I too lost all mine in a boating accident !
View attachment 271185

So what you're saying is all your pills are palletized and you have a skid jack to move it to your lift-gate semi-truck that is equipped with auto-deploying flotation devices.

I'm close, yeah? :D

Reading this makes me rethink how I would store my ammo if I actually had any..I think I would repackage my target ammo into ziplock with box ends instead of the entire box. In theory, this could free up about 5 ammo cans.
I think I would leave rifle and defense ammo in original boxes.

if I actually had any..I think I would repackage my target ammo into ziplock with box ends instead of the entire box. In theory, this could free up about 5 ammo cans.
it does. When I used to be a gun owner thats how I did it. Hunting and premium loads I kept in their original box though but then I turned vegan and even got rid of those too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top