JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How does everyone stock pile their ammo. Do you mind mixing ammo, example: 9mm 115 winchester fmj and federal 115 fmj being in the same can. Is that a bother? Or do you want brands to stay seperated, 115-147gr sizes to stay seperated etc... thoughts?

Depends on how much you have. If everything you have will fit in a single ammo can then thats what you do. If you have enough to fill 10 ammo cans each with a caliber and bullet style then thats what you do.

How does everyone stock pile their ammo. Do you mind mixing ammo, example: 9mm 115 winchester fmj and federal 115 fmj being in the same can. Is that a bother? Or do you want brands to stay seperated, 115-147gr sizes to stay seperated etc... thoughts?

I prefer to have only a few calibers (4) of which I've found what shoots the best in all of them. I stock only those choices into magazines, yes I have many. You will be hard pressed trying to load a magazine in a stressful situation...
Note to self; loaded magazines do not go bad being loaded in the safe....

pretty much what IronMonster said except I throw in the receipt or packing slip in the can with associated rounds. I've never had any problems yet but as I use a can I like to know where I got it from etc. in case I have duds or other quality issues so I wont order from them anymore. also, if I cant quite fill the can I'll dump the rounds in a plastic grocery bag to keep the lot separated from the next in the same can...

In 50cal cans sorted by caliber and round type. Have a fatboy jr and have them stacked in safe (added weight to safe and climate controlled). Rural Farm has steel 50cal cans on sale for less than $12ea shipped often.

Theoretically speaking, of course...
I'm with Caveman Jim. I try to keep just a few calibers but have a couple oddballs. All magazines stay loaded as well as the hand full of stripper clips. Separated by caliber on shelves in the safe. Some in cans but not all. Note to self; Buy more cans. My goal is 1000 rounds per gun. Not quite there yet.

Note to self; loaded magazines do not go bad being loaded in the safe....
Weeellll,not so fast. Now don't make this a bash glock thread,but my g20 mags did in fact loose a little tension after being loaded for a number of years.
I won't load all my mags any more or fill them 100%
Only time I mix calibers in one box or bag is going to the range.Not quite ADD OCD? enough to worry about brands being separated.
Hmm that would give me a project:confused:

I keep ammo in the original boxes.

This way if there is a problem with a particular brand, type or lot of ammo, I don't have to go through and sort it out of loose ammo.

Otherwise I tend to keep the same chambering together. If there is enough to fill a given container with the same brand/type ammo then I do that, but I don't waste space.

The only original boxes I have are rimfire and shotgun that have yet to be opened. :rolleyes:
everything else is reloads in Magazines, or stripper clips...:eek:

Anyone know if they make a 7.62x39 "spoon" for AR mags.? o_O

One safe in storage is dedicated just to mags and ammo.. And some chest rigs.. And some other stuff.

Its a shame I lost all of this on a boating accident. :(

image.jpg

image.jpg

I keep a respectable inventory of:

.223/5.56
.308/7.62x51
7.62x39
30-30
12ga
.45ACP
9mm
22LR
.38/.357mag

They're all "common" (and capable) calibers that can be readily found in this country on a regular basis (civilian and military), and "versatility is the spice of life".

I have a Liberty Fatboy-64 and fully half of it is packed with cans and boxes of (the good stuff) ammo. I had to remove the shelving in that half as the weight of "efficiently packed" ammo is amazingly heavy.

I'm to the point where I'm considering buying another Fatboy-64 just for holding all the pills. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top