JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So camel jockeys are the only possible threat we face? Don't expletive deleted think so!
I've been stockpiling ammo for 40yrs. My buisness. Mind your own! By the way I have purchased exactly 500rds of .45ACP hollow points, 100rds of sub sonic .22LR and 425rds of .22LR since the tragedy at Newtown. Since I have a stockpile I am not at the mercy of unscrupulous dealers or just a tight market. Seems a solid reason to have such a "hoard"!

In simple terms, you cannot have too much ammo. Your neighbor just might Need some of it to cover your back. The only people that dont think you need that much (whatever that number is) are libs and those without the foresight to acquire it when they could. What ever amount a citizen acquires is no ones business but theirs. What the gov acquires is everyone's business because they use YOUR money.

by that train of thought, gluttony is a good thing? there does come a point when staying prepared for bad situations becomes a burden on your life. being afraid of a group of people who hide in shadows is like being afraid of the dark.

im all for staying prepared for anything that comes but things like this are why "preppers" have a bad reputation. all of you forget that we pay people to keep threats out of this country, the bulk of the fighting is elsewhere. the day it comes here, there will be plenty of weapons and ammo for everyone. until then, dont make it a hassle for others to get some range practice in by hoarding ammo like it wont be there tomorrow.

i hope that those of you bashing my opinions are just trolling. one could have more pity for you otherwise.

It sounds like you have just enough ammo for your needs.

I hope that while you bash our opinions, you are also trolling. I also hope you see the irony of someone telling the rest of us how much ammo to buy(or not buy) offering his pity when we share our opinion on the matter.

It sounds like you have just enough ammo for your needs.

I hope that while you bash our opinions, you are also trolling. I also hope you see the irony of someone telling the rest of us how much ammo to buy(or not buy) offering his pity when we share our opinion on the matter.

he told you that it was a hassle to get some range practice in. so I think he doesn't have enough or enough foresight to have enough for range practice and that is why he is complaining. too bad he didn't want to be a prepper:s0140:

by that train of thought, gluttony is a good thing? there does come a point when staying prepared for bad situations becomes a burden on your life. being afraid of a group of people who hide in shadows is like being afraid of the dark.

im all for staying prepared for anything that comes but things like this are why "preppers" have a bad reputation. all of you forget that we pay people to keep threats out of this country, the bulk of the fighting is elsewhere. the day it comes here, there will be plenty of weapons and ammo for everyone. until then, dont make it a hassle for others to get some range practice in by hoarding ammo like it wont be there tomorrow.

i hope that those of you bashing my opinions are just trolling. one could have more pity for you otherwise.

So, you are free to have your opinion on how much is enough for you, and even express concern or frustration with others, but you don't get to make factual statements without support or explanation. To the part I bolded, where will these weapons and ammo come from? And who do you consider "everyone"? Because I'm pretty sure that some of the contingencies that people are preparing for include when the people who you think will be giving us guns and ammo, will only be giving us the bullet portions of the ammo, at very high velocities.

Anyone that thins our government will hand out guns & ammo to us in a crisis is stoned out of their gourd or has guzzled the Kool-Aid. Is that why the FEMA concentration camps are being built all over the country? So they won't have to travel far when they dole out our ammunition?

please stop stocking ammo, that is why it costs so much for it. no rag tag militia is going to pose a threat you the united states from a 3rd world country. if the american people have to fight a war on the home field, there will be plenty of weapons and ammunition for everyone.

taku, this is poison and it does not belong here. this is a place for sensible discussions, not fear of men riding camels into battle.

I'm not inclined to give credence to someone that pontificates, whines, condemns and then commands that I bow down to their superior agenda; I've had more than my ration of The Progressive Logic Of Slavery in recent years.
I know who I serve and no-one here qualifies for that position.

You need to stock up on this ammo.

screen-shot-2013-06-24-at-90654-am_s800x567.jpg

screen-shot-2013-06-24-at-90654-am_s800x567.jpg

nope, fmj and hollow points; and im not interested in owning more than a couple hundred rounds if im not going to the range. there are too many people doing that already. this whole idea of stocking up on massive amounts of ammo is just plain dumb. if you want to prepare for hard times, you are much better off buying long shelf life food. it doesnt take much to protect your home when it comes to weapons.

No one ever got done with a gunfight and said "gee, I wish I didn't have all this extra ammo" though

I was in the Bend Sportsman's Warehouse today. Loads of ammo at ....fairly reasonable prices. But still no .22 LR stuff. Some folks had a good "hoard" of .22 ammo and are still able to shoot it. Once in a while. Seems it is not replaceable. Not yet anyway. A couple things. When the Million Muslim March gets out of hand on 9/11/13, and, God forbid, some of the silent cells light up, and the armored "Homeland Security" vehicles start rolling through the streets, I assure you, no one will be handing out guns and ammo. They will be rounding people up in to "shelters". There will be chaos and the "authorities" will assume anyone non-compliant is fair game. Gee, I hope I am only paranoid. A good plan is as important as anything you might "hoard." Peace.

The Dalles, OR
Some over priced High End pistol ammo. Some 12 Ga. Some odd ball rifle ammo.
The AE 223 @ Coastal Farm and Ranch from early June was never restocked.
No 22LR

please stop stocking ammo, that is why it costs so much for it. no rag tag militia is going to pose a threat you the united states from a 3rd world country. if the american people have to fight a war on the home field, there will be plenty of weapons and ammunition for everyone.

taku, this is poison and it does not belong here. this is a place for sensible discussions, not fear of men riding camels into battle.

I'm not inclined to give credence to someone that pontificates, whines, condemns and then commands that I bow down to their superior agenda; I've had more than my ration of The Progressive Logic Of Slavery in recent years.
I know who I serve and no-one here qualifies for that position.

An article worth analyzing.
Dont go off too loopyland over it.
I never demanded anythin of anyone. It was a report and most likely an opinon worth looking at.
I dont count on anyone else if there ever is a shtf day. Pretty much will depend on and help the family first. But prepping never hurt anything.
Not doing so and its a 50/50 chance you'll have to depend on others. The decision is each individuals choice. Hopefully none of the prepping is ever needed, but.........

It's a standard tactic of the LEFT to accuse Joe-Shmoe of having "Too Much":
Too much; Shoes, clothes, food, money, church, school,. Too much car, too much gas, too much heat, too much cold, too much voice, too much thought, too much God.
Joe Schmoe fall for it hook line and sinker like clockwork. They reeleceted Obama and will do so for the third term if they could.

SENSIBLE???

If this site were home only to sensible men and only sensible men were allowed to voice their God given perspective as to the disposition of their own, and their children's lives, even into slavery, torture of the basest kind without regard for even their children's welfare and even then, with distain towards those men/women/family's who did as free persons elect the elite, not to govern but to represent them in all disputes to their moral best interests betrayed all goodness in their soul for power/lust/gold how would they plead today, how would they plead tomorrow; Innocent?
Ignorant?
We hear these bleats today

If this site were home only to sensible men and only sensible men were allowed to voice their God given perspective as to the disposition of their own, and their children's lives, even into slavery, torture of the basest kind without regard for even their children's welfare and even then, with distain towards those men/women/family's who did as free persons elect the elite, not to govern but to represent them in all disputes to their moral best interests betrayed all goodness in their soul for power/lust/gold how would they plead today, how would they plead tomorrow; Innocent?
Ignorant?
We hear these bleats today

Come September if sensibility prevails the country will begin to correct itself.
Come September if sensibility does not prevail, the country will begin to correct itself.

Stock up more ammo.

Jihadist leader to U.S.: ‘Islam is coming’

Jihadist leader to U.S.: ?Islam is coming?

During a radio interview Sunday, a representative of al-Qaida in the Gaza Strip sent a
message to the United States: “Islam is coming and there is no other choice.”

If you are a prepper because you fear muslims you really need to turn off your tv and get a real education on the world. As a whole muslims are a peaceful people. This logic is like postings black populations increase in america, buy more ammo. Humans in general don't enjoy killing nor do they want to die. Theres always a few that don't fit those general guidelines. The truth is America is the greatest threat to peace in any country. We continually invade countries to prop up our petro dollar. Every war since 1913 has had the main goal of keeping our federal reserve currency as the world currency. It is sad that people believe the lies that our tax dollars go to funding these corrupt corperate media organizations. Our very goverment allows corperations to poison our food, water, and air. While taking away our basic human rights. Our economy is on the verge of collapse and it seems our government is hell bent to start WW3 using syria. I hope everyone is a prepper and can realize that we need to stick together as a nation. I don't care if your muslim, gay, liberal, republican, or any other social crowd. When the bullets start flying I hope your willing to defend EVERYONES freedoms not just the ones that benefit you. We are in some bad times that are quickly getting worse. Our government considers most members of this forum terrorists just because we support the second admendment.

Theres probably lots of typos since im doing this on my phone and its a real pain. Hopefully most get the point anyways.

I was limited to 100 primers today.
As to the above:
Luxor, Egypt, Aug 21, 2013 / 12:09 pm (CNA).- Bishop Joannes Zakaria of Luxor, Egypt, said that Christians in his country are running out of food, but are "afraid to come out of their homes" for fear of attacks by the Muslim Brotherhood. In statements to the Fides News Agency, Bishop Zakaria explained that even those who have money cannot buy food because stores are closed.
"I would like to help Christians but I can't because I myself am confined to my home," he said.
Bishop Zakaria said that he was the victim of an Aug. 16 attack by members of the Muslim Brotherhood. Fortunately police arrived on the scene in time to protect him, and two armored cars are now parked out front to shield his home.
However, the region is experiencing great unrest, with numerous Christian homes burned to the ground as the Muslim Brotherhood calls for "death to Christians," he said.
"Because of security we canceled the celebrations of the Assumption, which we commemorate on August 22, not August 15," the bishop explained.
"Everyone is at home, and I myself have been at the bishop's residence for 20 days now. Security officers have advised me not to leave."
Bishop Zakaria said he thinks that the Muslim Brotherhood's campaign against Christians for last month's ousting of Egyptian President Morsi "is senseless."
"It is true that Christians took part in some demonstrations against him, but there were 30 million Egyptians, most of whom were Muslim, who protested against the deposed president," he observed, voicing fears that "by attacking Christians they want to send Egypt into chaos."
"I make Pope Francis' call for prayers for peace in Egypt my own," the bishop said. "Only with dialogue and mutual respect can we get out of this dramatic situation

I would say this is awful close to outright genocide and Obama is withholding equipment he promised to the MB (who are the dudes killing the Christians in Egypt and Syria). In the mean time 1000's more Somalis and ME types are receiving a green card and an EBT card every month. Meanwhile the US Army buys 586,000 AK mags for local delivery near the MX border.

Outgoing FBI chief warns of U.S.-based jihadis bringing jihad home from Syria

Every threat he discusses in this article emanates from Islamic jihad, the one threat he cannot and will not name. "Outgoing FBI Director Warns of Americans Traveling to Syria and Bringing Terrorist Tactics Home," by Pierre Thomas, Jack Cloherty and Mike Levine for ABC News, August 22 (thanks to Kenneth):

The outgoing director of the FBI gave a sobering assessment Thursday of the current threats facing the U.S. homeland: A biological weapon of mass destruction detonated inside the country and a plane downed in mid-flight are viable scenarios. Americans now traveling to war-torn Syria could bring terrorist tactics home with them.

Hmmm, and what is likely to be the motivating ideology behind all three of those? That is not something we are allowed to investigate or discuss, on pain of charges of "hatred" and "bigotry."

Terrorism has "changed so much since the days after Sept. 11th," director Robert Mueller said in a rare interview with ABC News' Pierre Thomas.
In particular, Mueller said, the threat emanating out of Afghanistan and Pakistan has now "migrated" to places like Yemen, Libya, Egypt and Syria. In Syria, a near-civil war has reportedly killed more than 1,000 people and is drawing fighters from around the world, including the United States.

"[When] you have individuals traveling to those venues, you are concerned [first] about the associations they will make, and secondly about the expertise they will develop and whether or not they will utilize those associations, utilize that expertise, to undertake an attack upon the homeland," Mueller said. "So, yes, we are concerned about that, and, yes, we are monitoring it."

Places like Syria may end up harboring "radical extremists who want to do harm" to the United States, according to Mueller.

In fact, the FBI has increasingly been chasing what turned out to be dubious threat streams tied to the Al Nusrah Front in Syria, according to counterterrorism officials. Just weeks ago, the FBI was notified of intelligence indicating that the Al Nusrah Front would be launching an attack in the nation's capital during August, but the intelligence and the threat were ultimately deemed to lack credibility.

"The possibility of a plane being taken down ... tends to keep us awake at night."

Next month, Mueller is leaving the FBI after 12 years at its helm. James Comey, a former senior official in the Justice Department, will replace him. Mueller was on the job for about a week when the Sept. 11 hijackers changed the country – and the FBI – forever.

It's "the possibility of a plane being taken down, and the possibility of a weapon of mass destruction in the hands of a terrorist or terrorist group who are not afraid to launch it" that "tends to keep us awake at night," Mueller recounted.

He said days like Sept. 11, 2001, and those with news such as the 2009 Ft. Hood attack, the Benghazi attack last year, and the Boston Marathon bombing in April are some of the most difficult for the FBI.

"Anyone who looked and saw those pictures was horrified at the killing and the devastation," Mueller said of the Boston Marathon bombing, which killed three, including an 8-year-old boy, and injured more than 260 others.

Still, Mueller said "the fact of the matter is" there will be cases in the future like that of Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, cases in which the U.S. government has received some negative information about a possible terrorist, but can't find enough to do anything about it within the letter of the law.

"That is going to happen," Mueller emphasized....

Of course it is, because the FBI is still forbidden to study anything about jihad, and so its ability correctly to evaluate intelligence about jihadists will only continue to atrophy

However, the region is experiencing great unrest, with numerous Christian homes burned to the ground as the Muslim Brotherhood calls for "death to Christians," he said.

As it turns out most civil unrest is nasty business... the MB is using what most would consider a 'diversionary tactic' to stretch police resources to the breaking point, because as it turns out normal every day citizens don't have guns in egypt.

This is little more than saddam dropping scud missiles on israel during GW1. It's an attempt to get a majority muslim population interested in doing something else, all while spreading the chaos. This tactic is as barbaric as it sounds, but it's been practiced by just about everyone since antiquity. If widespread unrest comes to america, it's a tactic that will be repeated here. This is not an apology for this behavior.

Outgoing FBI chief warns of U.S.-based jihadis bringing jihad home from Syria

Of course it is, because the FBI is still forbidden to study anything about jihad, and so its ability correctly to evaluate intelligence about jihadists will only continue to atrophy

There are two things going on here... first, jihadist extremism is a distant threat, yea, we get dribs and drabs of this happening here, but it's not the berbers are about to come sailing across the straits of gibraltar and start invading florida. As a consequence, the FBI and other law enforcement agencies are using "domestic terrorism" as a catch-all justification for funding. As your article points out, they're busy being focused on the next Tim McVeh, or Unabomber, there seems to be little institutional interest in addressing real threats.

But again, NSA surveillance did nothing to prevent either Ft Hood, or Boston.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top