JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Aloha, Mark
Wow... the NYT is hot on the trail with their breathless "reporting" of possible Congressional corruption and personal enrichment...
It's almost as if We The People didn't already know how CongressCritters enter the institution as paupers and leave as millionaires... :rolleyes:

As for the market.....well, it went up a little bit today. 09-14-2022

DOW closed 31,135.08 up 30.12
S&P closed 3,946.01 up 13.32
NASDAQ closed 11,719.67 up 86.10

That's a relief (for now at least).

RE : Post #1,463

1663206692125.png

Just something to think about.

Aloha, Mark

PS..............

1663207396088.png

Last Edited:
What's up today in the world of financial corruption?

Credit Swisse forgets to mark some 48 billion transactions as short sales. Gets fined $200,000. The equivalent of me stealing my annual salary and getting a fine of <$1.

Barclay's sold $17.7 billion in securities it did not own to and investors managed to get $7 billion back.

no fine, but they had to buy them back and that cost them $667 million in profit. But dont worry, they knew what they were doing and "costs of fixing the mistake were somewhat mitigated by hedges the bank put in place against such costs."

See? you do something illegal like sell stuff you dont own. Since you know it is illegal, you hedge against getting caught as to not suffer.

Frustrated with China?

Well, it's not only you. Boeing (stock symbol: BA) is also feeling the pinch. The planes are ready......however, it's not likely to be delivered anytime soon.

Imagine/maybe......it was all a part of the plan to break BA?

Results are that.....so far today (9-16-2022) BA is down 4.4%. And the DOW is down 386 (1.26%).

Aloha, Mark

PS......Maybe the Chinese are waiting for their own product to get up to speed?

Last Edited:
I would think if you are quick on your feet (i.e., have the right software), the volatility would be great for day traders?

Not so much for me though - EDJ is very slow with moving 4 around. I am down about $100K on paper.
Can be. I like a bit more momentum in one direction. A gradual climb and a sudden dump eats premium very fast and you have to be incredibly quick and decisive. Unless you are just literally sitting and watching its really tuff. Looks like the retest of the 52 week low here. If it holds we could see some upward movement. If not look out for a S&P 350 level magnet imo.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top