JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I noticed, in an attempt to sanitize the English language further, news readers have started saying "in the green" instead of "in the black", referring to how the markets might have closed.
Yay.

All three major indexes were at record highs today.

Too bad that my investment portfolios didn't post record highs too. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

PS......note that (speaking of the strong Jobs Report numbers)........the Major News Media folks and the President were silent about the 26 states that have stopped their "enhanced unemployment benefits" and how THAT has contributed to people going back to work.

Last Edited:
Even with inflation taking off, I won't be surprised if the market continues to be hot until late fall. The economic re-openings of states continues, and there will be some euphoric response there.

But come fall? Could be interesting for all the wrong reasons.

Even with inflation taking off, I won't be surprised if the market continues to be hot until late fall. The economic re-openings of states continues, and there will be some euphoric response there.

But come fall? Could be interesting for all the wrong reasons.
My financial guy said their predictions are that the market will be good to ok until first quarter 2022. Crossing my fingers.

Yesterday my retirement funds were at a new all time high.

Yup a great week again. Baba options paid well.
Sold them with the rejection of the $230 and repurchased yesterday. Also took some Tesla calls for later in the month. Made the most on some Friday $430 SPY calls I held all week. Also had two loosers in NNMD and PLTR but overall a great week again. Slow and steady.

My financial guy said their predictions are that the market will be good to ok until first quarter 2022. Crossing my fingers.

I hope they're right. I'd rather run longer aggressively. I'll definitely be rebalancing my 401(K)s closer to the end of the year, though.

I think we might see some pull back/pullout from the market if there is a new "wealth tax" that passes Congress - maybe. Not sure about the tax implications. I do think that if there is a "wealth tax" then ownership will probably go overseas.

I hope they're right. I'd rather run longer aggressively. I'll definitely be rebalancing my 401(K)s closer to the end of the year, though.
I believe/fear......
That most people (either, in the know or who have heard the drums of the Fed).......FEAR THE DROP. Thus, when it starts happening (and/or just before).......there might just be a RUSH TO THE DOOR. Furthering, maybe/perhaps a CRASH (if not a LARGE correction).

Then again.......
I guess it's that certain Political Party's way of punishing those "rich enough" to invest their savings. (Yeah.....you know which party I'm talkin' about.)

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Yeah.......I have $ in RTX. But, OMG.....I didn't know until now.

Should I cut and run?

BUT, But, but.....they make missiles. You know, to shoot down commie aircraft and such.

Aloha, Mark

Here's hoping this holds. This year has been very good for our portfolio.
I think we might see some pull back/pullout from the market if there is a new "wealth tax" that passes Congress - maybe. Not sure about the tax implications. I do think that if there is a "wealth tax" then ownership will probably go overseas.
I agree that would have a pretty profound impact. Fortunately, it looks like congress can't seem to pass anything, including a tax hike.

Here's hoping this holds. This year has been very good for our portfolio.

I agree that would have a pretty profound impact. Fortunately, it looks like congress can't seem to pass anything, including a tax hike.
Gridlock in WA DC is a good thing - been saying that for decades.

I am more worried about the "wealth tax" with regards to 401Ks/IRAs/etc. as I want to leave my daughter enough $ that she can live comfortably when I pass. Biden says his proposals won't impact people like me (middle class wealth), but I do not believe what any politician says, and he won't be POTUS when I pass on. Best I can do until then, I think, is setup a trust and push $ from my IRA/401K into my Roth IRA - things I planned on doing anyway. Next year, if I don't get a job this year, I will start push $ into the Roth from my other accounts while my tax bracket is at its lowest.

784620.jpg

Yeah.......I have $ in RTX. But, OMG.....I didn't know until now.

Should I cut and run?

BUT, But, but.....they make missiles. You know, to shoot down commie aircraft and such.

Aloha, Mark
You say Raytheon makes missiles.

Missiles. Like for F-15's and Nukes?

Meanwhile the USN got b slapped again in the china sea but hey at least they're up on their wokism.
Yeah....I heard about that too.

BUT....keeping on the stock market.....well, my HII investment is also DOWN.

Aloha, Mark

Not quite as volatile this week, but I can live with volatility. I believe the "managed" funds in my EDJ IRA are not just buy and hold - they seem to be doing some trading where they buy and sell. Hopefully they are doing some buy low/sell high trading to take advantage of the volatility or at least an outlook. I am doing ok - at a high on average, better than many years by quite a bit (about 2X%), but we will see what happens as time goes on - some investment firms are warning of a "correction".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top