JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dow finished down 1861, which is the 4th largest daily point drop and 5th largest daily percentage drop in history.

You seem to take joy in it?

Another fun fact: 19 of the top 20 largest daily point drops in the history of the Dow have come during the Trump administration.

All time highs come with all time losses. Not hard to figure out. As for the volatility, is anyone really surprised? Not only are we trying to recover from a pandemic, we are also marred with violent protests in almost every city across the US. Volatility basically prints money for the street and is a welcome thing. Not hard to play both sides.

All time highs come with all time losses. Not hard to figure out. As for the volatility, is anyone really surprised? Not only are we trying to recover from a pandemic, we are also marred with violent protests in almost every city across the US. Volatility basically prints money for the street and is a welcome thing. Not hard to play both sides.

MSM of several different marketing channels runs the obligatory sky is falling headlines " Market drops on word of new covid 19 infections and hospital surges."

Market responds will appropriate and expected drop, shorts move in, the day traders pick a stock or two to run down, they go in and buy them low, and then will move them tomorrow for a $ 3 a share gain. The institutional houses will be active tomorrow.

Just go back and look at the last comparable market moves and with some relative level of certainty you can go ahead and plan your strategy for tomorrow. I was not going to day trade any more, but the potential for some impressive profits exists tomorrow. It is a 0430 wake up tomorrow to see if my adjustments need to be reset. Profits will be moved to cash as soon as I can take them. Could be a long day in the office.

All in my IRAs, and looking to make 6 months living expenses tomorrow.

Last Edited:
OK....I have an account that no new money has been added to.

Since Zero left office 1/20/17 and today 6/11/20 (TRUMP as President)......that account has seen an increase in value of 46.94%.

Whatever....it seems that some people just like to Hate on Trump.

Aloha, Mark

PS....I guess some people also believe that Coronavirus and the riots are also TRUMP's fault. So, the market decline is also his fault. Oh Rrrrrright.....everything is TRUMP's fault.

OK....I have an account that no new money has been added to.

Since Zero left office 1/20/17 and today 6/11/20 (TRUMP as President)......that account has seen an increase in value of 46.94%.

Whatever....it seems that some people just like to Hate on Trump.

Aloha, Mark

PS....I guess some people also believe that Coronavirus and the riots are also TRUMP's fault. So, the market decline is also his fault. Oh Rrrrrright.....everything is TRUMP's fault.
Yikes, that means your account underperformed Obama's first term by ~20%. S&P 500 Performance by President

If you invested X amount of money on the day of Obama's inauguration in an index fund tied to the S&P500, and didn't touch it, it would have been up by 65% by this point in his first term and by 176% at the end of his second term.

Another fun fact: 19 of the top 20 largest daily point drops in the history of the Dow have come during the Trump administration.
You are such a disingenuous azz, you know that? Why don't you provide the flip side of that coin, Genius? Oh, cuz it doesn't fit your narrative, that's why.

Here's some more fun facts:
17 of the top 20 largest daily point gains in the history of the Dow have come during the Trump Administration.
Two more were during the George W. Bush administration.
Sorry, Genius, but your Messiah can only claim one out of the top 20. Boo hoo...

It really must suck for you when someone sees through your bullbubblegum and calls you out on it, doesn't it? And I very likely used the same source that you did, too.
So simple, I'm surprised no one's called you out on your bullbubblegum about this earlier. Maybe they just ignore you better than I do...

Right here, Chicken Little...

Go get yourself some coffee, loozr...
coffee.jpg

Last Edited:
You are such a disingenuous azz, you know that?. Why don't you provide the flip side of that coin, Genius? Oh, cuz it doesn't fit your narrative, that's why.
What do you get when you have a 1500 point gain followed by a 1500 point drop? A market that has moved sideways for 3 years. That's why we're dusting off the Dow 25,000 hats again.

Orange Julius is going to find out in November that people prefer steady, stable markets, not flash crashes followed by flash gains.

That's not at all what was under discussion from your earlier posts. You were claiming record daily point drops for the Trump Administration. Yes, 19 of the 20 biggest daily losses were during the tenure of the current POTUS.

I showed the opposite side of that coin, since you were too chickenbubblegum to do it yourself because it would show your messiah as the feckless POS that he truly is, with only one day to claim in the Top 20 biggest daily gains category, compared to 17 for the current POTUS, and 2 more from another Republican administration.

Your disingenuousness and one-sided "reporting" is on proud display. Later, loozr. You're back on ignore.

What do you get when you have a 1500 point gain followed by a 1500 point drop? A market that has moved sideways for 3 years. That's why we're dusting off the Dow 25,000 hats again.

Orange Julius is going to find out in November that people prefer steady, stable markets, not flash crashes followed by flash gains.

Your probably correct. The dems have nothing else to run on. They can't say they have done a dam thing for anyone or anything. Can't run on your record point and blame is the only hope you have.

Yikes, that means your account underperformed Obama's first term by ~20%. S&P 500 Performance by President

If you invested X amount of money on the day of Obama's inauguration in an index fund tied to the S&P500, and didn't touch it, it would have been up by 65% by this point in his first term and by 176% at the end of his second term.

So then....
I don't put all of my money into an S&P 500 index fund. Do you?

But anyway.....to be fair. I tried to run the numbers for my account 1-20-09 til 1-20-17. But the investment web site would only allow me to check the last four years' worth of data. Much more work would be needed to determine my personal rate of return for the OBAMA years.

Then.....I did move my money around between various funds. And those moves were not always the BEST MOVES. LOL. So, even my results aren't fair (or representative) of what others may have accomplished.

So, at any rate your chart was very interesting.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Much more work would be needed to determine my personal rate of return for the OBAMA years.

Then you were one of the lucky ones if quantifying your losses in that time frame takes research. For those of us who had our assets tied up in business's in that time frame, the losses were very clear on a progressive daily basis in the hundreds of thousands of dollars until a lot of us had no business's left. Right before our eyes. Took a little longer than this last sh*t show, but was devastating to say the least. Millions of dollars and jobs gone, most never returned.

And as we watch the same thing happen all over again, the history deniers are screaming and flopping around like a bunch of toddlers denied their fruit wraps at snack time.

People, normal investors do prefer steady stable markets where gains are made, buffered by normal losses and adjustments over a reasonable time frame. But the people are not driving today's markets, the media is and the morons that are sucking up every bit of the bullsh*t the MSM publishes. The media publishes the false information or innuendo that the institutions and shorts need, the market drops, the institutions and sharks and shorts roll in, buy a million or more of a certain stock and flip it across 5 or more plays every $ 2 move the stock makes.

Last Edited:
Then you were one of the lucky ones if quantifying your losses in that time frame takes research. For those of us who had our assets tied up in business's in that time frame, the losses were very clear on a progressive daily basis in the hundreds of thousands of dollars until a lot of us had no business's left. Right before our eyes. Took a little longer than this last sh*t show, but was devastating to say the least. Millions of dollars and jobs gone, most never returned.

And as we watch the same thing happen all over again, the history deniers are screaming and flopping around like a bunch of toddlers denied their fruit wraps at snack time.

If you are talking about the 2008-2009 recession, which kicked off the Obama admin, that was something Obama inherited, that started just before he was elected, and was the fault of the government and the people who demanded the government make home loans more available and easier to get, then over-leveraged themselves to buy over priced real estate.

I remember very well, for years economists warning about the housing bubble. People telling me I should buy a house instead of renting, that the price of real estate would just go up forever and that I would never regret buying a house. I had heard both so long, that I started to believe that the bubble wasn't going to burst and that I should buy a house, that I started shopping for one even though I saw the inflated prices (there was a half acre in Kirkland WA with a shack on it that had an asking price of 0.5M).

I had hired an agent and was looking at houses when in early 2008 I was laid off because investors in the tech startup I worked for were losing their shirt in real estate funds. It was all downhill from there.

I didn't like Obama, I still don't. I didn't vote for him. But the 08-09 recession was not his fault. Nor was the aftermath.

I didn't like Obama, I still don't. I didn't vote for him. But the 08-09 recession was not his fault. Nor was the aftermath.

The the same analogy can be applied to Trump that this economic disaster was not his fault, since it was clearly a contrived, manufactured and controlled implosion by the Democrats, mainstream media, and the market manipulators.

The the same analogy can be applied to Trump that this economic disaster was not his fault, since it was clearly a contrived, manufactured and controlled implosion by the Democrats, mainstream media, and the market manipulators.

I don't blame Trump or the dems for CV-19 - although I don't think Trump did a good job and actually caused some harm. Most of the lockdowns/etc. were local, not federal but I don't think much more could have been done to prevent the issues one way or the other - by anybody. I lost my job. I have relatives whose businesses are still shutdown. My brother's previously thriving business cut back by at least a third. It is a mess.

The recent riots - those are another cluster f***. The rioters caused them, and the reactions were/are on the heads of the mayors of the cities - both ways. There were under-reactions and over-reactions. Trump's reactions would be comical if they weren't so inept. So plenty of blame to go around.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top