JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buy an airsoft pistol and a soldering iron with a needle and flat tip. Next practice a bit on the airsoft gun and you will see it's so easy that paying someone to do it's a waste.

I re profile my gen 3's and get rid of the finger groves and relive under trigger guard prior to stippling. Another thing to not do is take the texturing all the way up the back strap. The area that the web between the thumb and trigger finger contacts should not be stippled for comfort.

It sure takes a while but you can do it yourself. Here is mine that I did a while back. I practiced on Ar15 grips and hand-guards. No need to buy an airsoft gun.

IMG_0478_zps7150b6fc.jpg
IMG_0476_zps1a09aef3.jpg

Last Edited:
I chickened out on doing it my self so I looked around on the net. I had both of my G-17s done by coldborecustom.com. In addition to the stippling I had the grip shortened to G-19 size and the finger groves removed. Very good work

Also, don't stipple under the trigger guard. I ended up sanding that part off as it was not comfortable at all. I really like how the stippling adds grip, but I will say that when I carry concealed, the texture is very rough and rubs your skin in a bad way. I ended up taking some fine sand paper and softening up the left side of the frame a bit. It still looks the same, but the high spots that make it very aggressive are gone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top