JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been meaning to post this for a while now but have just not made enough time to sit down and pull it all together. So here it is...

For all of those who love the idea and functionality of the glock, as well as the massive aftermarket / accessory lines, but are not 100% happy with the ergonomics. This is for you ;o)

I have relatively average / small hands, I work outside a lot and so in the colder months I am able to carry OWB with whatever gun I choose. My previous EDC was a CZ P07 Duty, who's ergonomics are just dreamy! But I wasn't too enamored with the cost of additional mags or aftermarket parts for replacement / repair. I loved the Omega trigger on it too! Low and behold, after a year or so I decided that I wanted to explore the world of Glock so I could add it to the stable and rotate it around my carry with my others. I came across a great deal on a new FDE Gen 4 Glock 19 and so took the plunge! I have to say I wasn't too displeased, yes the grip angle can be a little different and the grip width can be a little thick or wide for some, but it was functional and the most important part.. I shot very well with it at a multitude of distances. It was a keeper! And soon became my EDC of choice.

I wanted to get the gun a little more appealing to my handsize and so looked at a number of companies, both local and national that would be able to do some stippling and a grip reduction. I was recommended StippGrips by some friends in the business and looked into it a little more. Their work is top draw and I really loved the idea of the borders and the stippling being placed within it. After waiting for his books to open I received me 'slot' in line! I then waited for an email from the maestro himself and then had my frame shipped off a number of weeks later. Here is what came back:

fmtutqBQBTeh8J0cNAaSuiMuEm1GZM31Hv5cxRSqW4oS6oBGiahB-TnWSXC71HFdZn9rZOYVefSvNvuo2IwSui6wIw=w2400.jpg

I ordered the 'Presidential Velvet' with grip reduction, finger groove removal, trigger guard undercut and index points.

V5SgFMXgHfhDpL7ByHYbtA-eHNWiCoRDUUaPLUl86pxB3n1KUnF6LggIZ8pjFkYBkuZ_-0mj0OtIttrT8LCurNwqdA=w2400.jpg

OVvH2XDuMd_NGP66fMBsPWpRgSZhwcJ4-HpbpWpmFeYPog6Z4j4YC2W2zPaegnqN9Th7gpznNcuFmz8cCBFcYLtXOw=w2400.jpg

The grip texture is very comfortable but offers a very positive purchase on gun. It isn't too rough or aggressive, but isn't so small / shallow that it feels too smooth or slippery. The stippling is very consistent throughout and matched with the meticulous borders creates a very OEM professional look.

Here is a closer shot showing the stipple shape and the borders:

a1ZB350XkePBdgA6kbBzla7X9aNfW3pBvHAt3w45w4xAvFikTu_s_mo0Tf2_l_jmSvsqCcY1DcbtJ7jsx_NLCiAB1w=w2400.jpg

Keeping the original lines of the grip as well as the original logo adds to the OEM professional look in my opinion. Having the grip stippled like this and then having the finger humps / grooves removed and shaved down makes the grip much more comfortable. The addition of the undercut trigger guard and strategic stippling and smooth combo creates a very positive grip.

69aLeo1M4gjc06wROknQy9Mt9FlvKLLbx0B0vctv-kIvbow-1KBpLTtO3_4lVMd3zPDYqnJwsSK5QtlCwhtheErgxw=w2400.jpg

hNPQC0J7YWqomoupgMcLwfd3mZdNjI1q2OBNJuhuZ4FtUh1poN7JFbLgdjlw6dT5aRmMUf2Mlwffl2-ReSJPBdPiKg=w2400.jpg

Overall I am super happy with the result, the grip width and shape is now much more conducive to my hand size. The stippling allows for a very comfortable and reassuring grip and is extremely comfortable to EDC. I tend to wear a StealthGear OWB Flex holster during the colder months and then rotate my smaller more concealable EDC options for summer and warmer weather.

The service and communication was top class and while there is a wait and its a non-traditional way of getting service (waiting for books to open and then booking a spot in line), it is definitely worth it and I can definitely recommend it for those looking at a professional stippling job and / or grip reduction.

vNR3fsm8NWSGnsXTt4HcRKh4MRxpYondsuOt2nFILZ9-RsAwTAq_lrfMoBNoPxopFRAYyhv2u7ec9lNsCW1mANJXuw=w2400.jpg

Not generally a fan of stippling, but this is one of two different projects I've seen that look awesome!

One criticism I have is that I wouldn't go with the trigger guard reduction, looks like it would weaken it too much IMHO.

Other than that, it's awesome! :s0155:

Thanks for the feedback. I guess we will see on the trigger guard, given the general lack of force / impact on that area Im not concerned by regular use. Impacts, drops etc... may be different though? Time will tell!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top