JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A personal friend of ours was killed by her young son in a shooting accident by a .22 to the head. Dad eventually killed himself, I suppose from some form of guilt.

Safety first.

.22's can certainly be deadly if applied properly.

OTOH, I've transported a fair number of gunshot victims to the hospital, all of them with small-caliber wounds. None of the victims of large-caliber wounds required transport (because they were dead).

Greg

From what I understand more people have been killed with a .22 than any other caliber. It makes sense for lots of reasons.
There is one thing that was missing in many of the unnecessary deaths, that's training.

It's almost understandable that there is lack of respect and understanding among many users of this cartridge and the firearms used to discharge it. Especially when considering the only training some might of had was BB gun before this.

Some of us were lucky enough to have responsible parents, friends or relatives that handed down a tradition that included fire arms safety or included hunter’s safety. Many of the missing were at the hand of someone that had none and a .22.
Silver Hand

I think I saw in the NY news that the killer has a sawed off 22 rifle that he used to kill these guys. Also If I remember right, wasn't the 22 the preferred weapon of the mob hitters back in the day?

Yes, the pic in the news story showed the stock of the 10/22 sawed off, but the barrel looked to be full length.
Contract killers would naturally go for a .22 pistol because it suppresses so well and the rounds are subsonic.

.22 rim fire - They are brain scramblers at almost any range; fall down hit your head and what is next, a clinical coma or death. By the way out of the box I have found the .22 rim fire and target ammo to be one of the most accurate rounds I have encountered in my fifty years of shooting. I have had fantastic slow fire results at 25 yards using a Mod 41-S&W covering the ten ring with all but one shot in the nine ring just out of ten. Ten rounds almost a dime at 25 yards.
I have shot a Rem. mod 541-SC at 100 yards with the aid of a 3x9 Burris leaving five shots inside of 1/2 inch, - 7/16''edge to edge. It is a round to take seriously and it is a charge to shoot fast or slow.
Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top