JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I made my own. I purchased a 1.75" wide by 50" long plain leather belt (the buckle was purchased separately) and then set out to fit it to me. I probably cold have saved money by purchasing a saddle cinch, but opted to do something custom just for me. I have always had an interest in working with leather, so I had tools and dye to decorate it. I've even made a couple of holsters so that I could have the "tilt" that I wanted. I'd encourage anyone of you to try your hand at it. It's fun and and saves you some money!

I have a steel cored belt from Alien Gear I really like some years ago. Got it on now. 1.5" sturdy and comfortable. Hmmm, I don't even know if they carry them anymore. Meh, still a good belt that has held up well over lotsa years. Carried both OWB/IWB items with nary a problem.

I had my belts made while working abroad. The maker ran a custom leather shop. While that won't be helpful to you, what you may find of interest is that a piece of spring steel was inserted between the leather layers, right where my handgun rides. The results is a quicker, cleaner draw and less sag in trousers and belt.

My belts were made between 1988 and 1990. They are still going strong.

I recommend the steel insert. It helps.

I had my belts made while working abroad. The maker ran a custom leather shop. While that won't be helpful to you, what you may find of interest is that a piece of spring steel was inserted between the leather layers, right where my handgun rides. The results is a quicker, cleaner draw and less sag in trousers and belt.

My belts were made between 1988 and 1990. They are still going strong.

I recommend the steel insert. It helps.
Bigfoot Gun belts has this as an option as well as choosing the belt thickness...

Been wearing the Kore Essentials adjustable EDC belt for the past 6-8 months. Love it. Strong and sturdy, lots of adjustment with comfort and doesn't scream tactical. Great price too.

I ended with a Hanks Gunner (stitched). 1 1/2" wide. I love it, it makes carrying much more comfortable. I should have bought one years ago. I think it was $52 after the discount. Easy to adjust between OWB and IWB. I recommend.

That makes zero sense to me, how does Velcro prevent or even hamper switching between IWB and OWB? :s0092:
I get it.
Unbuckling a traditional leather belt to thread on a OWB holster and then cinching it up one hole tighter to accommodate the removal of an IWB holster/gun is a LOT easier and faster than unassing a nylon belt and readjusting.

That's especially true if you use a Cobra buckle... In fact, the ones I use (Vedder) only feed through my belt loops one way and the end is too big to fit through the slots on most OWB holsters (the ones I have on hand, anyway). Adjusting the slack out of it is a somewhat tedious trial-and-error process, unlike just pulling a leather belt through to the next hole.

Some riggers belts are more easily adjustable, but the Cobra buckle jobs are best left as "set it and forget it" deals.

I go through this process once in a while myself... just yesterday, as a matter of fact. I had some work to do outside and wanted OWB. For me, it's easier to just change over the whole setup: take off the current IWB rig and replace, belt and all, with something else. In this case, a leather belt from Urban Carry and a Zoglonje belt slide for my 6904 in place of my usual Cobra belt, Vedder Light Tuck/P30sk combo.

See? Clear as mud.

The Urban Carry belt is very nice. I have a few other leather EDC belts but I seriously thinking about getting a new one from Hanks or BF. I don't neeed one, I just waaaant one

Last Edited:
I get it.
Unbuckling a traditional leather belt to thread on a OWB holster and then cinching it up one hole tighter to accommodate the removal of an IWB holster/gun is a LOT easier and faster than unassing a nylon belt and readjusting.

exactly. Going from no holster to in or out is a snap. Beside, most tactical belts are made in China and most quality leather belts are made in the USA.

most tactical belts are made in China and most quality leather belts are made in the USA.
Good point. The Vedder belts I like are made in USA. I'm pretty sure the leather belts are sourced here too, but I can't vouch for the provenance of the raw materials used in the Cobra buckle unit.

I've always tried to buy American when possible. In the last 6 mos I've redoubled my efforts to avoid anything that has CCP fingerprints on it. It's tough to do. Fortunately, many gun-oriented businesses share my jingoism so the background research is easier.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top