JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like my Sig Tread and my Sig two Sig P226. I owned a few p320s glad I don't have them anymore. I'm really starting to lead towards hammer fired. Love LEM HK and Short reset trigger on a Da/Sa Sig.
The P226 is a perfect handgun - Sig should have stopped while they were way ahead. I'll take mine with the SRT and reach reduction setup over anything else.

I bought a Full Size that I believe was a police trade-in (Red Box pistol).
It was a retro-fit.....I could see the fresh cut in the slide to accommodate the new disconnector.
The pistol had a 3+lb trigger pull weight out of the box, which I liked.
It would have been easy to increase pull weight, had I wanted to.
So let's think about this. Police trade-in. (The following is not related to YOU using your gun but when it was in service at its origin, as an LEO gun).

Presuming it is a model without a manual safety, you have a firearm with no user-actuated mechanical safeties and a sub-4 pound trigger pull. Yet if an officer said, I'm going to carry my 1911 with a 4.5 pound trigger pull, duct tape my grip safety and take off and throw away the manual safety, nearly everyone would call this person crazy (and rightfully so imho). But we do all this and worse to a police gun and we call it good in 2023.

Yet we wonder why these things keep going off. Think I accidentally posted my longer response to this thread in a similar one running (that I think most of us are on as well)..."The gun just went off" thread. There was a study done and shockingly (not really) it was found that the lighter the trigger pull the higher likelihood of a ND occurring. The number of mistake-of-fact shootings by LEO (i.e., shooting people spinning and turning while holding a cell phone or other object) is fairly high; exacerbated by guns with light triggers perhaps? Antidotal only, but these seem to be increasing from a time of 12# triggers on revolvers and DA/SA guns. Would likely be hard to study but an observation.

My former department would not accept any gun for duty, off duty, or retired carry with a trigger pull less than 4.5 pounds (they no longer inspect retiree guns).

It's useless without a round chambered

01DFE4AF-04F3-4502-852D-6BEE25BCC7BF.jpeg

Never did like the idea of paying more than $25 bucks for a magazine
OK, I'll give up the secret.
ACT-Mag 3209
An Italian made mag that I think is as good or better than USA SIG (Checkmate) mags or Italy SIG (MecGar) mags.
Greg Cote $22.95
I found some Act mags for $17 ea a while back.
Of the 3 types of P320 mags, ACT has the best finish, IMO.

OK, I'll give up the secret.
ACT-Mag 3209
An Italian made mag that I think is as good or better than USA SIG (Checkmate) mags or Italy SIG (MecGar) mags.
Greg Cote $22.95
I found some Act mags for $17 ea a while back.
Of the 3 types of P320 mags, ACT has the best finish, IMO.
As if that solves all the problems with the 320 :rolleyes:

Be safe out there everyone. These incidents look to be recent and therefore POST recall.

What serial numbers are they referring to? Is their a web link? I have a older 320. Also is the hammer releasing or something while its cocked and a round in the chamber?

I often wonder if those that own Sig Sauer GmbH of Germany regret allowing Sig USA to form and run as its own entity.

So many do not realize that they are SEPERATE companies, owned by the same parent company but not the same companies.

I think Sig USA will go the way of Colt. Dependent on military contracts and marketing. Only to fail once their civilian sales die off due to poor management and non stop funding for its PR and marketing departments instead of quality control and operational funding.

Does the military carry in condition 1 or condition potato?
Apparently no one ever gave you a serious answer? Condition 1. Last time I carried Condition 3 while on active duty was before we got the M9s. Since the GWOT, pistols always in Condition 1.

I had the upgrade done of my only 320 produced before the change became standard. The other was made after the "improvement." I do like my SIGs, even the 320s everyone loves to bash. Love my P-365 XL in particular, best striker-fired pistol in the perfect size, I've ever owned. I still think the 320 series is the most ergonomic plastic pistol out there and definitely has the best trigger.
320s.jpg
carry.jpg

I worked in law enforcement long enough to know that whenever there was a negligent discharge, 98% of the time there was an attempt to cover it up. I personally witnessed two NDs with a certain American-made polymer frame striker fired pistol. I will tell you that one of them that I witnessed was caused by a plastic toggle on the end of a jacket drawstring that had fallen into the Safariland duty holster, caught inside the trigger guard, and as the pistol was pushed further into the holster, pulled the trigger and resulted in a very unexpected, loud bang at our clearing barrel while loading up to go on shift.

I am aware of several other NDs caused by foreign objects in rigid leather or Kydex duty holsters (I've read all the training bulletins and warning notices from many LE agencies). I also was familiar with numerous other NDs where officers, including a sergeant, lieutenant or two, all had NDs and either tried to blame them on something distracting them while loading, holstering or clearing the weapons, or outright blaming the pistol, the holster, or in one case, a purse.

Realize that in certain careers, some folks would rather lie or cover up an event that (1) could lead to discipline, up to termination (2) humiliation in front of coworkers (3) possibly impact their career advancement prospects -- rather than simply 'fess up and own their mistakes. I've seen it. Over and over.

Also, any lawsuit that has to actually mention "highly trained police officers" and bring up one civilians veteran status is just piling on the crap. If you believe all police officers are highly trained when it comes to handguns, I've got two spans of the Narrows Bridge for sale.

Last Edited:
Apparently no one ever gave you a serious answer? Condition 1. Last time I carried Condition 3 while on active duty was before we got the M9s. Since the GWOT, pistols always in Condition 1.

I had the upgrade done of my only 320 produced before the change became standard. The other was made after the "improvement." I do like my SIGs, even the 320s everyone loves to bash. Love my P-365 XL in particular, best striker-fired pistol in the perfect size, I've ever owned. I still think the 320 series is the most ergonomic plastic pistol out there and definitely has the best trigger.
View attachment 1399550
View attachment 1399552

I worked in law enforcement long enough to know that whenever there was a negligent discharge, 98% of the time there was an attempt to cover it up. I personally witnessed two NDs with a certain American-made polymer frame striker fired pistol. I will tell you that one of them that I witnessed was caused by a plastic toggle on the end of a jacket drawstring that had fallen into the Safariland duty holster, caught inside the trigger guard, and as the pistol was pushed further into the holster, pulled the trigger and resulted in a very unexpected, loud bang at our clearing barrel while loading up to go on shift.

I am aware of several other NDs caused by foreign objects in rigid leather or Kydex duty holsters (I've read all the training bulletins and warning notices from many LE agencies). I also was familiar with numerous other NDs where officers, including a sergeant, lieutenant or two, all had NDs and either tried to blame them on something distracting them while loading, holstering or clearing the weapons, or outright blaming the pistol, the holster, or in one case, a purse.

Realize that in certain careers, some folks would rather lie or cover up an even that (1) could lead to discipline, up to termination (2) humiliation in front of coworkers (3) possibly impact their career advancement prospects -- rather than simply 'fess up and own their mistakes. I've seen it. Over and over.

Also, any lawsuit that has to actually mention "highly trained police officers" and bring up one civilians veteran status is just piling on the crap. If you believe all police officers are highly trained when it comes to handguns, I've got two spans of the Narrows Bridge for sale.
Great post !
An honest AD/ND report is impossible for some to partake in.

Popular handgun fires without anyone pulling the trigger, victims say​

Talking about the Sig, but it's behind a paywall:

"More than 100 people allege that their P320 pistols discharged when they did not pull the trigger, an eight-month investigation by The Washington Post and The Trace has found. At least 80 people were wounded in the shootings, which date to 2016."

Stay safe

Realize that in certain careers, some folks would rather lie or cover up an event that (1) could lead to discipline, up to termination (2) humiliation in front of coworkers (3) possibly impact their career advancement prospects -- rather than simply 'fess up and own their mistakes. I've seen it. Over and over.

Great post. Several of the folks I knew just owned up to it when they had an ND. Some didn't and got fired, some likely hid it well and nobody important found out. Lots dead on with this post.
So watching the video and the four testimonials.
1) First officer was carrying a bunch of stuff and wearing a jacket (?pull tags on the side?) that was bouncing against her gun/holster right before it shot. She was a detective but in uniform during this event (not typical for many agencies, not sure about hers) so was she wearing unfamiliar gear now?
2) Gun placed in pocket holster (BIG gun for a pocket holster) and many pocket holsters completely suck, are soft, and when bent can push holster material into a trigger guard and onto the trigger.
3) Just holstered gun and it went off. Starts to place finger in trigger guard while handling gun for the video, not the best gun handling demonstration, especially knowing he is on camera. His holster seems to cut deeply into the trigger guard with Kydex.
4) Reserve officer with almost no details given but he has a 4" binder prepared for his lawsuit.

As I've stated before, I'm interested in the truth here, but these examples do not sway me to think the gun is the problem yet. My question is the same as before; how many of these guns had a mechanical thumb safety? (One viewed definitely did not.) Have they been able to repeat the failure with the SAME gun?

Could this be an issue??? (From Sig's website)
The trigger pull of the XCARRY LEGION is up to 30% lighter with the new skeletonized trigger, which increases shooting speed and accuracy. (Looks like the same trigger on gun #3)​
I'm seeing internet reports of 4ish pound triggers with them. Again, 1911 with safety removed and grip safety duct taped and a 4.5 pound pull = crazy. Striker fired guns with no mechanical safeties and #4 trigger = Tuesday. What could go wrong?

With that article title, another case of guilty until proven innocent.

From the above article :
It's a big challenge for plaintiffs' attorneys to show the gun has problems when whole police departments have been unable to re-create it," said Curtis Marshall, a former agent at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and U.S. Park Police officer who now offers weapons training to law enforcement.
He added that accidental discharges can be caused by improper ammunition, worn holsters or foreign objects working their ways into the trigger guards.

Some people should not be around pistols that do not have a Manual Safety.

I don't believe a phuq'n word that issues forth from the mouths of either of these asshat outfits...

From the article:
"More than 100 people allege that their P320 pistols discharged when they did not pull the trigger, an eight-month investigation by The Washington Post and The Trace has found."

Citing a decidedly anti-gun publication like WaPo, and then that anti-gun publication cites yet another anti-gun outfit like The Trace to back up its claim is not my idea of critical journalism. Critical thinkers call that confirmation bias. WaPo (aka Pravda on the Potomac) is a flaming liberal shiitrag owned by Jeff Bezos and The Trace is funded by Michael Bloomberg's Everytown for Gun Safety, neither of which I even need to try to discredit. You wanna keep quoting anti-gun bullshiitters like them on a pro-gun site? o_O

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR