JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man I started buying mags years before all this mess. Not for a Sig but for my other firearms. I've got more mags than I will likely ever need. :D
Honestly, I think the main reason I haven't grabbed an XFive is because of this. I am heavily invested in other platforms. :)

Oh maybe I already said but I've owned a P938 and a P226. Both fine firearms. :)
You could have bought one of my X5 legions. I sold 2 of them. Loved shooting them. Best striker fired pistol I've shot……. But having it pointed at my junk/pelvic girdle/femoral was concerning so to the classifieds they went.

Now with Glock I carry with confidence. Perfection. Haha.

In all honesty I loved the modularity/ ergonomics/ feel of the P320. I just wasn't confident in it as a carry gun. Especially with one in the chamber and no safety. Trigger was too light for my liking especially in the manner I carry.

I'd simply rather be safe than be forced to transition to a female. But hey at least the surgery would be half over by then. Maybe Sig would cover the rest. Lol.

You could have bought one of my X5 legions. I sold 2 of them. Loved shooting them. Best striker fired pistol I've shot……. But having it pointed at my junk/pelvic girdle/femoral was concerning so to the classifieds they went.

Now with Glock I carry with confidence. Perfection. Haha.

In all honesty I loved the modularity/ ergonomics/ feel of the P320. I just wasn't confident in it as a carry gun. Especially with one in the chamber and no safety. Trigger was too light for my liking especially in the manner I carry.

I'd simply rather be safe than be forced to transition to a female. But hey at least the surgery would be half over by then. Maybe Sig would cover the rest. Lol.
Honestly I didn't realize you were even selling them until it was too late! I don't check the classifieds much ever since they stopped showing up with the New Posts. :oops:

I would 100% rock an XFive at the range but it wouldn't be my first carry choice!

This thread is strange, because on most other threads on this forum, everyone wants to come across as independent thinkers, knowledgeable critical thinkers and guys who only use firearms they have experience with and trust.

Yet, in this thread, we have naysayers who seem to believe what they read on the internet and what they hear from lawyers.

Others come in to counter any points made, yet it all goes back to the fact that frivolous lawsuits have been introduced and lawyers are acting like firearms experts.

Sheesh. Y'all amaze me sometimes.

Counterpoint…
1683807737857.png

Does anyone remember when Glocks were first issued to US LEOs and LEOs started having negligent discharges, there was a lot of noise about how unsafe the guns were and the NY trigger became a thing?

View attachment 1420403
I remember all the Glock KB's and BTF issues too. Lol
And as I noted earlier in the thread, the introduction of the S&W M&P wasn't so smooth. A handful of incidents of small parts breakage (there was apparently a systemic defect in the M&P-45 too) led to widespread internet rumors (in some circles) about the pistols being trash. (The 1.0 was cursed with a bad trigger and none too stellar accuracy; the introduction of aftermarket triggers, i.e. Apex, and barrels, then the excellent 2.0 fixed all that.)

Then came the LASD issue of a rash of "unintended" discharges leading the department to abandon the M&P (there were a couple other agencies that quietly did the same).

Of course, it wasn't much of a big deal since the M&P was the interloper and Glock still held the majority of the market share. S&W basically took one for the team as far as being basically the first challenger to the wildly popular Glock "perfection" on the LE and civilian market with regard to full-size polymer-framed striker-fired duty pistols. Then came the HK, Walther and Ruger entries to less fanfare, and now everyone has a plastic striker pistol out. But SIG got the big target on its back, likely due to its direct challenge to Glock, aggressive marketing to LE, and then the military contract.

This crap is all cyclical. To me, the only thing that's basically changed is the incredibly aggressive round-up of plaintiffs with very suspect cases, by an ambulance-chasing law firm that still has not been able to prove that the 320 discharges without any mechanical action on the trigger assembly. There's a description of this type of litigation that any attorney can share with you, and it's none too flattering to the legal profession. Likely, though, that the plaintiffs' lawyers are banking on getting a jury that won't understand the concept of clear and convincing evidence, while attempting to paint the plaintiffs as experienced gun owners/user, model citizens not prone to mistake, hope that the jury is pro-police and mostly believes that cops are all highly trained professions so it must be the gun's fault.

This thread is strange, because on most other threads on this forum, everyone wants to come across as independent thinkers, knowledgeable critical thinkers and guys who only use firearms they have experience with and trust.

Yet, in this thread, we have naysayers who seem to believe what they read on the internet and what they hear from lawyers.

Others come in to counter any points made, yet it all goes back to the fact that frivolous lawsuits have been introduced and lawyers are acting like firearms experts.

Sheesh. Y'all amaze me sometimes.
Every firearm user should put a weapon through its paces before it becomes a dedicated EDC in my opinion. Like you have said every platform has a past.

Some have better track records than others. With that being said Glock had issues in the past but those have been resolved and enough time has passed to prove it.

The P320 is a great platform but is fairly new to the market and some kinks may still be getting worked out. Time will tell whether or not the issues are fixed and the platform moves forward.

There is only one gun I would buy directly from the store shelf, rack a round, and place it in my AIWB holster and have full confidence in it. Yes, that would be a Glock. And no I'm not a Glock "fan boy" I bought multiple sigs as well as other brands.

But as far as reliability and trustworthiness I think the P320 has a long road ahead of it cause it has already had verified issues. It's not a bad gun. Hell it may be a "safe" gun to carry. At the end of the day it's up to the user what they want to do.

I'm sure there are individuals who are still carrying the first generation P320s without the update who have full confidence in the gun. Good on them. But there is a reason to be a bit skeptical when it comes to the platform. Just like people would have been with Glock if the internet/media was around back then.

The internet/YouTube/social media/etc just magnify the issue. Probably out of proportion. It's still ok to tread lightly though.

After reading what cops in leadership positions say about how poorly many fellow cops handle firearms, the label "highly trained professionals" does not impress, whatsoever.
In fact, that language comes from the SMB Attorneys lawsuit if I'm not mistaken.

The plaintiffs have a steep hill to climb.
From the sound of their lawsuit, they are still trying to argue that the firearm goes off un-commanded.
The incidents are almost always holster-related, one way or another.
Why doesn't the firearm go off when it's sitting on a table or in a safe ?
This ^^^ has not been proven to date and I don't see it happening.

Many depts, racegunners and private individuals are using the P320 with no issue, why is that ?
That ^^^ will be tough for them to overcome.
With known data it's estimated that there are currently up to 2 million P320's in the wild.

It's crystal clear to me that some individuals should not be using a pistol without a manual safety.
And even that is no guarantee with some individuals.

We shall see.
Maybe SMB Attorneys will find an angle to outsmart the SIG attorneys ?
Their lawsuit language sounds weak and inaccurate in places.
I'm yet to see a gun go off on its own, unlike our resident troll :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top