JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Exact location -
45°49'45.6"N 122°13'18.5"W

When I was a kid, I used to shoot here with my grandfather. Recently I moved back to town and I drove by. It looks as though it's over grown, but shows evidence that people still shoot here. Unfortunately it was left a mess so I know it was nobody on this forum as it seems you guys pride yourself on keeping areas clean and presentable. I packed up my truck with the trash that was left there (old tv, broken plates and a destroyed frying pan plus plethora of shotgun shells). This was a great spot to shoot because the backstop was high and it was dirt, not rock like most of the other pits around here. It was only really good for handguns, shotguns and short distance rifle (the backstop is maybe 50 yards at most from the edge of the road).

Are we still good to shoot here, or was something issued in the 5 years that I was out of state saying it's no good anymore.

I remember that spot. Drove by a year ago.

I thought I saw no-shooting signs?

no "No shooting" signs on my drive up this time. That's why I was wondering why it got overgrown. When I was a kid I went there all the time and my grandfather and I kept the area very clean, packed out more than we brought in and even remember cutting back the overgrowth at the firing line to encourage p hope to pick up their casings since they would be in plain sight instead of lost in the brush.

Good to know.

I got a good weedwacker and machete if we head up there someday.

sounds great! I'll most likely be using DNR L-1610 Jones Creek when I get my discover pass, but I'd love to be able to use the small little range I used to shoot at when I was a kid.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top