Buster Beaver Cerakote
Oregon Rifleworks
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Southwest Firearms Forum
Landhawk Arms
Gun Deals
Defensive Arts
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Still good to shoot past sunset @ NF-42 Gifford Pinchot?

Reactions
Exact location -
45°49'45.6"N 122°13'18.5"W

When I was a kid, I used to shoot here with my grandfather. Recently I moved back to town and I drove by. It looks as though it’s over grown, but shows evidence that people still shoot here. Unfortunately it was left a mess so I know it was nobody on this forum as it seems you guys pride yourself on keeping areas clean and presentable. I packed up my truck with the trash that was left there (old tv, broken plates and a destroyed frying pan plus plethora of shotgun shells). This was a great spot to shoot because the backstop was high and it was dirt, not rock like most of the other pits around here. It was only really good for handguns, shotguns and short distance rifle (the backstop is maybe 50 yards at most from the edge of the road).

Are we still good to shoot here, or was something issued in the 5 years that I was out of state saying it’s no good anymore.

OP
Gunbuggy
Reactions
I remember that spot. Drove by a year ago.

I thought I saw no-shooting signs?
no “No shooting” signs on my drive up this time. That’s why I was wondering why it got overgrown. When I was a kid I went there all the time and my grandfather and I kept the area very clean, packed out more than we brought in and even remember cutting back the overgrowth at the firing line to encourage p hope to pick up their casings since they would be in plain sight instead of lost in the brush.

UPCOMING EVENTS

NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
Arms Collectors of SWW show is back!
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Arms Collectors of SWW show is back!
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Bill Blowers - Tap-Rack Tactical Tac - Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Bought two guns from Curts over the past 5yrs and quite a few accessories. They have more of the really nice high-end products. I live on the...
    • Helocat
  • Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply
    4.00 star(s)
    Great place good people, transfer fee is a joke.
    • FireArm
  • Northwest Armory - Milwaukie
    3.00 star(s)
    I used to go in often, even when the store is empty its hard to get someone to help, they say just a sec and never come back to you, or are having...
    • FireArm
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop and decent selection, good for a hunting rifle or Glock , hit or miss on just about everything else.
    • FireArm
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place, people and service.
    • FireArm

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS