JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like all government-based organizations, the Cop Cult (including prosecutors and some judges) HATES competition.

ONLY Der Polezei are allowed to kick in the wrong door and terrorize innocents with impunity. Anyone else is severely punished!

And if the bondsman shot the people's dog for fun, he was probably prosecuted for "impersonating an officer".

It is still wrong, this could have turned into something bigger if the HO had been armed and reversed the situation.

There is NO EXCUSE for an armed entry at a wrong address!!! NONE!!! It is incompetence at the highest level!!!

The correct home, not any home.
That is wht got him the sentence.
There is no mistake or error that can he condoned in any way.
People, innocent people have died from mistakes (carelessness) like that.

Bondsmen are just people, they have no special rights. They have to follow law just as everyone else.

If you burst into a house and held the residents at gunpoint and do not have a government issued badge you are committing a number of serious and aggressive felonys.

The fact the guy thought he was above the law because of his job has little bearing on the legal ramifications

I think when you sign the bond paperwork you are signing an agreement stating this bondsman has the ability to gather you up and you agree to let him. You have lost some of your rights because if you violate your bond you are a fugitive. That is pure speculation though.

IMHO, this is no different than the police using a search warrant and hitting the wrong house. This guy had the responsibility to verify his information prior to traumatizing people by illegally entering their home. He did use a firearm in committing this illegal act, which is supposed to be an aggravating factor. Might help explain it. He wasn't simply "doing his job".... just like the police, he has a responsibility to uphold.

IMHO, this is no different than the police using a search warrant and hitting the wrong house. This guy had the responsibility to verify his information prior to traumatizing people by illegally entering their home. He did use a firearm in committing this illegal act, which is supposed to be an aggravating factor. Might help explain it. He wasn't simply "doing his job".... just like the police, he has a responsibility to uphold.
I totally agree, just wondering whether 15 years in the slammer fits the crime? There have been many manslaughter cases where the perp got anywhere between 1 year and a max of 10, and someone innocent has actually lost their life. The BBRA made a number of mistakes. Wrong house, forcing entry instead of calling the police, and holding innocent people at gun point... but none of that was malicious - stupid, very stupid, but 15 years?

Something tells me it won't hold.

Actually I believe bail bondsman have greater leeway than police. They can forcibly enter homes if they have good reason to believe a fugitive is inside, without warrants.
I think there's much more to this story than is being reported.

Here's the applicable RCWs
http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=18.185

And before someone jumps down my ish about "notifying police before a planned forced entry", note it just says that an agent must report within 10 days if a planned OR UNPLANNED forced entry occurs. If its unplanned, no LEO would be present or even notified when it happens.

Bad lawyer may be his problem? He has done questionable things before?
He is lucky to be alive today.Lucky some 12yo wasn't in a bedroom to his side and come out shooting.
Maybe that ,or the prison term will make these hollywood wanna bee recovery agents think about who they really are

He refused to take responsibility and rejected the deals the prosecutor offered, and instead rolled the dice with a jury. They found him guilty. The fact he had a gun upped his sentence 8 years. Probably a good idea to know who's house you are breaking into before rolling up and kicking in doors. He could have been killed by the homeowner on entry and it would have been justified.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top