JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought 2 4X12X40 VariXll and put them on my Kimbers in 257 Roberts. Sigted the first in and it dialed in perfectly. The second, I adjust, but it wont move for 3-5 shots, then it seems to jump over, as my shots will then go where they are supposed to. Every little adjustment is like that. Took almost 40 rounds to sight it in, while the other took less than 10. Its not the gun, as shots are touching. Anyone have issues like that? I even tap the turret gently with some wood, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Bought 2 4X12X40 VariXll and put them on my Kimbers in 257 Roberts. Sigted the first in and it dialed in perfectly. The second, I adjust, but it wont move for 3-5 shots, then it seems to jump over, as my shots will then go where they are supposed to. Every little adjustment is like that. Took almost 40 rounds to sight it in, while the other took less than 10. Its not the gun, as shots are touching. Anyone have issues like that? I even tap the turret gently with some wood, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

That's pretty bizarre. If it's not from an external issue, like the rings too tight like eightyeight said, or the rings not in line, you need to send or take that baby back to Leupold. I use a straight steel tube to check for ring alignment.

Last Edited:
Sometimes if a scope sits for a long period of time the springs in the turrets have a "memory" and want to go back to that spot. But regardless I would send it/take it into Leupold. They will take care of it with their lifetime warranty and make it right

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top