JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey so I built an Aero lower with an Aero parts kit and the magazine release is really sticky. Sometimes it goes normal and sometimes it doesn't release/press at all. Most of the time it just feels like there's a burr or its rubbing on something and it has to overcome the friction. Hard to explain. I can't see or feel any defects in the opening, and I tried a different assembly and it does the same thing so I bet its the lower.

Anyone have this before and does it get better or do I need a new lower?

I've ran into this with a magazine release that was machined incorrectly and would bind up in the slot.

The first question, as ridiculous as it may be, is if you have it screwed in far enough. Is the threaded rod flush with the magazine release button?

I've ran into this with a magazine release that was machined incorrectly and would bind up in the slot.

The first question, as ridiculous as it may be, is if you have it screwed in far enough. Is the threaded rod flush with the magazine release button?
Yes its flush with the button. I also used the same button but swapped the arm and same difference.

Dumb question, but did you separate the upper from the lower, insert/remove an empty mag and look for the sticky parts? On mine it was the mag release mostly and not so much the button.

It might be worth trying an aftermarket magazine release like Strike Industries.
I'm planning to buy a redimag but if it's the receiver I'd like to get it swapped under warranty or replace the lower with another brand. I bought a bunch of Aero Precision parts based on good reveiws and so far if had multiple problems that left me wondering.

Aero Precision is a good brand, and I'm honestly surprised to hear about your problems. Every company has a mistake slip through QC on occasion, though.

It might be worth sending them the receiver to inspect, as long as you're willing to wait. I have no doubt they'll make it right.

Aero Precision is a good brand, and I'm honestly surprised to hear about your problems. Every company has a mistake slip through QC on occasion, though.

It might be worth sending them the receiver to inspect, as long as you're willing to wait. I have no doubt they'll make it right.
It sounds like they plan to send me another magazine release and button to try. Not sure yet. Waiting on their customer service to email back.

I bought a bunch of Aero Precision parts based on good reveiws and so far if had multiple problems that left me wondering.

Aero can be hit or miss. I personally would not but one their LPK, there are too many better options available, but than I've been accused of being an AR snob.

It sounds like they plan to send me another magazine release and button to try. Not sure yet. Waiting on their customer service to email back.

I'm in OC, if you want to swing by I have confirmed in-spec parts, we can check it out. You can't have the parts but at least know whether the problem is with your lower or not. PM me if you do and we'll figure something out.

That's debatable, I'm not surprised at all and I've seen multiple people have problem with them. It is true, every company misses QC at time, I've seen it with Colt, but some seem to have it happen more regularly than others.

Aero can be hit or miss. I personally would not but one their LPK, there are too many better options available, but than I've been accused of being an AR snob.

I'm in OC, if you want to swing by I have confirmed in-spec parts, we can check it out. You can't have the parts but at least know whether the problem is with your lower or not. PM me if you do and we'll figure something out.

That's debatable, I'm not surprised at all and I've seen multiple people have problem with them. It is true, every company misses QC at time, I've seen it with Colt, but some seem to have it happen more regularly than others.
PM sent

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top