JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Marlin 336 in .32 Win. that is stiff/sticky beyond all get out, to the point where you can hold the rifle by the lever upside down and it wont open the action. The rifle was a gift from my dad, I have put maybe 30 rounds through it just to get used to the iron sights, no idea on previous round count, dad isn't a hunter though. Doesn't have any rust or blemishes for as old as it is, I got it approx. 17 yrs ago, no malfunctions etc.. just want to be able to cycle through without changing stance or hurting my knuckles, get enough of that in the garage..

Thanks in advance for any tips/ideas

I take it this is something any joe schmo can do? dont wanna bite off more than i can chew

Naw, it's not too difficult. If I remember correctly you pretty much just have to remove the screw where the lever pivots and the whole bolt will come out the back.

Watch a couple youtube videos, it's not super difficult. You might need some needle nose pliers handy to get the ejector back in it's hole.

Just a general tip on removing screws from firearms:

Be very picky about which screwdriver you apply to a given screw. You want the blade to be a snug fit in the slot, and to be near the same width as the screw head. If you're careful about this you'll avoid buggering up the screw heads, like you see on so many self-gunsmithed firearms.

Take the buttstock off and take the forearms off and hose it down the innards with cleaner.. If your not comfortable taking it all apart.. The 336 has lots of places for the gunk to run out so you can just use a can of cleaner and blast away. Once clean, oil the rails that the bolt slides in and see if it's smoother!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top