JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I guess I might have to just get over it.

I've been looking for some hybrid optical scopes to mount on the carry handle of the 5.56 AR that give a little magnification plus work in low light.

Oh boy, the ACOG 2.0 X 20 just seems like the best thing since sliced bread except seh.. seh... sev... seven hundred fifty dollars!!!! (cough) and that''s with my discount. Gaaa..

Why that'd buy 1000 rounds of Federal LE Tactical TRU 55gr. SP Ammo and leave enough change for lunch for both of us.

Do I need to get over it? Isn't there anything out there in the nice affordable 300-400 $ range?

Well $700-1000 gets you some of the nicest "red dot" optics in the world, and basically you get what you pay for. The main choices are acog (700-1300), eotech with magnifier (around 1000), aimpoint with magnifier ( around 1000). But if you didnt need magnification, a cheaper alternative without sacrificing quality, would be to just get a normal eotech or aimpoint with no magnifier, and possibly get one later. You wont have any magnification, but the only run $300-600

That explains the setups I've seen with two different units on one rail, then. It seems like there is this big gap between $50 devices and $600 > :(

It is giving me gas to think about adding another 1/3 to the price of the rifle. Meh! :s0114:

Thanks for the Eotech idea, I was looking one over today; it would no doubt be a step up in accuracy over the iron sights which are not that precise, to be generous.

I realize they were made for a different purpose than 75-yd. target practice. :D

Um, as they say, IF I had any guns, of course, heh this would be going on my airsoft AR-15, yeah that's the ticket.:s0131:

Well actually as far as optics on most rifles, its a good idea to spend 50 to 100% of the cost of your rifle on optics. I know it sounds like way too much, but so many people these days go out and buy el cheapo optics and complain about their gun having problems that are really due to the scope. The same can be said for people that put cheapo rings or mounts on nice optics. This is more true for actual magnifying scopes since the quality difference is much more vast than between cheap and expensive red dots.

Well said. I just have to get used to this, apparently. In a few days the ACOG 2.0 X 20 will call me on the phone, wondering what's the holdup?

I guess this is akin to plugging an $1,800 guitar into a $50 amp... and wondering why it sounds like cheese.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top