JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to pick up some 9mm JHP ammo, little birdy told me it was in. Looked at the price and my inside voice failed me.
two weeks ago Remmington 100 round box was $27.97, today it was $54.97 needless to say Wally world didn't make a sale.
Oh back to the internet.

Both the Marysville and Arlington stores were out of 9mm save for a few boxes of federal jhp can't remember if it was hydra shok or hi shok but at $24 I wasn't willing to bite. I should have pick up a few bricks of federal classic at $16 but I was broke

Btw I don't know where your located but the Cabelas in tulalip has a sale on herters 115gr 9mm for I think less than $15 for a box of 50. They had plenty of it in stock as well as. 40 too!

Winchester target 9mm is $23.97 a box (of 100) at the two Walmart's I buy from. At less than 24 cents a round I can't buy it cheaper online.

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

Glad I bought the 1000 round ammo can of 9mm instead of the 500 round ammo can from Miwall at the last Rickreall gun show. I payed $189 for the factory reloads in steel ammo can. My friend asked me if I was sure I "needed" that much ammo. I wasn't sure if I did at that time. Now I'm sure.

My friend asked me if I was sure I "needed" that much ammo.

See here is a KEY point for a lot of stuff. "Need" is relative. I don't "need" 99% of the ammo I have right at the moment. I do have decades left of shooting and at some point I WILL "need" it. The easy way to explain this to others that they understand is "on sale". "I am buying this now because it is on sale that way it is cheeper to shoot".

Another key example is "I am not hoarding" I am keeping stock for when I will use it more later in life. So right now I make $$/hr and ammo cost $$. As I get older I hope to make more money but ammo will cost $$$ later in life. So by buying now it is like putting savings in the bank for later. In 50 years I can still be shooting bricks of .22 that cost me $10 where the current cost is going to be $40 (for example)........

A lot of it is supply and demand. The government has access to a money printing press and is buying hundreds of millions of rounds per order. Joe shooter can't compete with that. Less and less ammo will be available to you. You will have a hard time competing with the ferderal money printing Ponzi that the government has set up for itself. More for them, less for you.

Buying ammo is smart. Buying a shovel or a set of screwdrivers is smart. Anything REAL vs paper money or representations of same. The dollar is an ever declining asset while 'things' are always gaining value.

If you are not into PMs - silver and gold - by all means put any excess funds into any - THING - inc. ammo. Lead may be the best PM of all.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top