Sticker shock at Wally world

Reactions
Went to pick up some 9mm JHP ammo, little birdy told me it was in. Looked at the price and my inside voice failed me.
two weeks ago Remmington 100 round box was $27.97, today it was $54.97 needless to say Wally world didn't make a sale.
Oh back to the internet.

Reactions
Both the Marysville and Arlington stores were out of 9mm save for a few boxes of federal jhp can't remember if it was hydra shok or hi shok but at $24 I wasn't willing to bite. I should have pick up a few bricks of federal classic at $16 but I was broke

Reactions
Winchester target 9mm is $23.97 a box (of 100) at the two Walmart's I buy from. At less than 24 cents a round I can't buy it cheaper online.

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

PDXSparky

Reactions
Glad I bought the 1000 round ammo can of 9mm instead of the 500 round ammo can from Miwall at the last Rickreall gun show. I payed $189 for the factory reloads in steel ammo can. My friend asked me if I was sure I "needed" that much ammo. I wasn't sure if I did at that time. Now I'm sure.

Reactions
My friend asked me if I was sure I "needed" that much ammo.

See here is a KEY point for a lot of stuff. "Need" is relative. I don't "need" 99% of the ammo I have right at the moment. I do have decades left of shooting and at some point I WILL "need" it. The easy way to explain this to others that they understand is "on sale". "I am buying this now because it is on sale that way it is cheeper to shoot".

Another key example is "I am not hoarding" I am keeping stock for when I will use it more later in life. So right now I make $$/hr and ammo cost $$. As I get older I hope to make more money but ammo will cost $$$ later in life. So by buying now it is like putting savings in the bank for later. In 50 years I can still be shooting bricks of .22 that cost me $10 where the current cost is going to be $40 (for example)........

Reactions
A lot of it is supply and demand. The government has access to a money printing press and is buying hundreds of millions of rounds per order. Joe shooter can't compete with that. Less and less ammo will be available to you. You will have a hard time competing with the ferderal money printing Ponzi that the government has set up for itself. More for them, less for you.

Buying ammo is smart. Buying a shovel or a set of screwdrivers is smart. Anything REAL vs paper money or representations of same. The dollar is an ever declining asset while 'things' are always gaining value.

If you are not into PMs - silver and gold - by all means put any excess funds into any - THING - inc. ammo. Lead may be the best PM of all.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA
Miller's Quarry Clean-Up
Miller's Quarry
Miller Rd, Mt Hood Village, OR 97067, USA
Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom)
Seattle, WA, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Triple B Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Triple B Guns
    This isn't really a review as we own the store but rather an invitation to come down and visit us. We specialize in hard to find unique guns but...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
Top Bottom