JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These are just starting to become available, If these are anything like the .45 ACP version that has been getting solid reviews it will likely be a great balance between cost and quality.

I ordered one today from Dawson's for $628.95 and a three week wait.

Range report to follow in the near future.

View attachment 210420

Crafted with classic 1911 design, the STI International Spartan is a traditional 1911 pistol with high-end standards at an affordable price.

The Spartan is built on a steel, government length, standard width frame. The grip includes a checkered mainspring housing to provide a sure grip. The controls are an STI International single sided thumb safety and high-rise beavertail grip safety. The slide features traditional 1911 styling with front and rear cocking serrations, and the barrel is 5.0" with a match grade fitted bushing. This excellent firearm comes standard with an STI square hammer, patented STI trigger system, and STI sear and disconnector for smooth, reliable function.

***Specifications

*Caliber - 9mm

*Frame - Government length, standard width, Steel, checkered mainspring housing and magazine release

*Grips - Hand checkered double diamond wooden grip panels, Philippine Mahogany

*Slide - Five inch (Government) overall length Steel barstock

*Slide Features - Traditional 1911 styling STI serrations

*Trigger - STI Patented Black Polymer

*Barrel -5.0" bushing barrel w/fitted bushing

*Hammer - STI square style

*Safeties - STI single sided extended thumb safety STI High-rise beavertail grip safety

*Guide Rod -One piece full length

*Sights - Adjustable rear, fiber optic front

*Overall Length - 8.5"

*Weight - 35.3 oz.

*Finish - Parkerized

I've heard very good things about the STI pistols. I am seriously considering ordering and STI Shadow compact 1911 in .45ACP for carry. Will be interested to see your range report and what you think of the quality of the STI.

An STI Spartan will likely be my next full size 1911. I've been drooling over STI since I read about them in the Guns Digest book of the 1911. I'm going for a compact version first. Then maybe a few months down the road order a Spartan for mild competition.

I am a dealer of the STI line and I personally own the Spartan in .45. I was very impressed with it right out of the box. Then I took it to the range and was even more imprssed by the accuracy and function of the gun. I have had a few customers buy the higher end line from STI and was even more impressed by them; I just need to save some cashola of my own and I will be buying the Duty One to carry on duty hopefully.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top