JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As I've stated previously, I'm normally a shotgunner. Own two shotguns (Browning 425 for sporting and Browning XT for trap). Bought a middle of the road trap gun until I was sure I'd like it (trap). I did, so then bought the Bronwing which is what I wanted to start with.

About 4 months ago traded the first trap gun for a Springfield XD-9. Okay, I'm hooked and I like it. Was asked last night what I wanted for Xmas and I said an
STI GP6-C (sounded good when I said it).

Told wife the law says you must have at least as many handguns as you have shotguns. She said in that case I should go and buy it!!! (God, I love that woman).

Sooooo, I realize the GP6-C is an import (K100 I believe) but STI seems to have a great reputation. Gun has great reviews. Just thought I'd ask for any input from the knowledgeable people here.

Gun will be for fun at the range, home defense, and self-defense (I do have CCW). It only comes in 9mm which is fine as ammo is readily available and relatively inexpensive. Wife might even shoot it if the recoil is indeed less (as stated in some reviews). The XD scares the heck out of her when it goes off.

Any and all suggestions, input, and comments greatly appreciated.

Chuck

As I've stated previously, I'm normally a shotgunner. Own two shotguns (Browning 425 for sporting and Browning XT for trap). Bought a middle of the road trap gun until I was sure I'd like it (trap). I did, so then bought the Bronwing which is what I wanted to start with.

About 4 months ago traded the first trap gun for a Springfield XD-9. Okay, I'm hooked and I like it. Was asked last night what I wanted for Xmas and I said an
STI GP6-C (sounded good when I said it).

Told wife the law says you must have at least as many handguns as you have shotguns. She said in that case I should go and buy it!!! (God, I love that woman).

Sooooo, I realize the GP6-C is an import (K100 I believe) but STI seems to have a great reputation. Gun has great reviews. Just thought I'd ask for any input from the knowledgeable people here.

Gun will be for fun at the range, home defense, and self-defense (I do have CCW). It only comes in 9mm which is fine as ammo is readily available and relatively inexpensive. Wife might even shoot it if the recoil is indeed less (as stated in some reviews). The XD scares the heck out of her when it goes off.

Chuck

That's awesome (and hilarious). I'll have to try that when/if I ever get married.

Can't comment on the gun, but you're amazing at convincing your wife. :s0114:

For where to buy check the big STI vendors. I have no first hand experience but there was a good little write up by a member on brianenos.com forums, he was very happy with the gun.

I looked into getting that same gun I contacted a guy by the name of Yankeefan on this forum he is all the way down in roseberg but he was willing to order it and ship it to a local ffl. I had NO luck with any of the local gun shops, gun broker in clackamas blew smoke about having some on order and keiths didn't want anything to do with it. So if I get one it will be through yankeefan. Best of luck I heard great things about them.

Yankeefan is easy to get ahold of, and is willing to work to make a deal happen... haven't bought through him yet, but if he posts spartans up at the usual prices he has them and I have the cash in hand then we'll be talking.

Chuck

You gotta be careful with arguments like that. My wife is pretty quick, if I said something like that she'd most likely just tell me to sell one of the shotguns. :eek::eek::eek:

You gots to be good to the queen! I usually ask permission to purchase a new firearm ONLY after I have bought something for my wife that she wants. So far it's worked, but I'm about the test the limits. I just spent uber bucks buying all new KitchenAid appliances and new quartz countertops. I'm thinking it's good for at least three firearms. We'll find out. :s0114:

cwegga, apparently you (she) just doesn't undertand the extent of the law. Obviously it contains a clause whereby once you own a firearm you are thereafter required to maintain an inventory equal to or greater than the number of firearms owned after the purchase.

I could quote you chapter and verse of the ORS that covers this particular issue but it seems to me it would just muddy the waters.

(I see said the blind man or is it the smell of gas I hear).... :)

It is interesting that they are listed as a dealer but when I was looking i made two phone calls to them and they claimed no knowledge of the gun in question....

have since bought the gun from Bobby Keigans at Freedom Gun Works. Great guy to deal with and would highly recommend.

Chuck

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top