Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

STI .45 Cal. Bull Barrel Fitting

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by OcGunGuy, Jun 20, 2016.

1. OcGunGuy

OcGunGuy California New Member

Hello from the wonderful People's Republik of Kalifornia (currently run by Party Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein),

I am having an issue with the fitting of a bull barrel in my STI .45 and was hoping that someone would have some insight as to how to correct the barrel not going into battery.

I've read many commentary's and blogs about how tough it is to get bull barrels to properly move up into alignment with the slide grooves. I purchased a new STI 5" bull barrel for the job and very cautiously worked on the back of the hood. Personally, I think my problem is with the barrel link and how to modify the legs (I think...but have been know to be seriously off in my thinking).

Your thoughts, comments and suggestions are welcome :):)

Ura-Ki and Sgt Nambu like this.
  2. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Are you using fixture similar to this? Barrel fitting is pretty critical.

image.jpg It's

image.jpg

Ura-Ki and OcGunGuy like this.
  3. OcGunGuy

Whoa! I honestly had no idea a jig like that existed. I wish I had one and wish I knew how to use it. I'm getting so sick of screwing around with this thing.:(

I was hoping someone like you would post to my post. Could I ship my STI to you with the "ornery" bull barrel and have you "fix" it for me?

If so, give me an address where I can send it and how you'd like it shipped/handled.

Thank you,
    Bruce Skinner
    Huntington Beach, CA

4. OcGunGuy

Also, let me know how you want to be paid for your services (PayPal, VISA, etc.).

Thanks,
    Bruce

5. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Hi Bruce,

I sent you a private message. If you don't see it, post up here and I can help you find it.