JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have one of these in lock up for a few days all I know is that it is a Steyr Model M green plastic SSG type stock with the set triggers anyone else know anything about them ?
1678154064363.png
I got the pic off the webs the one in waiting has sights as well as a one piece rail with a Tasco Euro class 3-12x52 the glass is not your average Tasco quality

Last Edited:
Well found out the set triggers will fit the SSG and go for $5-600 if you can even find them the stock alone is worth $4-500 and magazines are going in the $150 range so it looks like I could part this out and make some money but .... will definitely give it a spin first !

I did find a SSG double set trigger for sale and it was $895 in stock so the trigger is worth more than the rifle lol at least I did not loose out
If your into it for less than $900. I'd see it as a bargain and not something to be parted out. These were typically excellent shooters.
That said your correct that the price of accessories (magazines, scope rings and such) can be a bit much.
The SSG PIIk I had years ago was a joy to shoot and one of the most accurate production rifles of it's day.

If your into it for less than $900. I'd see it as a bargain and not something to be parted out. These were typically excellent shooters.
That said your correct that the price of accessories (magazines, scope rings and such) can be a bit much.
The SSG PIIk I had years ago was a joy to shoot and one of the most accurate production rifles of it's day.
I am going to keep and shoot it was just a bummer to see lack of parts and prices. I did get two NOS magazines from Midway and have a back up trigger guard on the way from Canada $31 shipping ouch . I do not see breaking the stock because this will not be a hunting rig.

This is her took it all apart and put a little oil where it needed to be. I ditched the Tasco I had a Zeiss in the safe needed a new home and looks pretty good I am going to the range!

5C2E75B3-203F-4B39-95E5-7DC012459354.jpeg 0057CFFB-6316-43FB-97C9-A9C80A488FF3.jpeg

Last Edited:
Wow. We don't see these often.

My bro in law bought one in the late 70's or early 80's chambered in 7x64 Brenneke. Seems even then, at either 500 or 700 bucks, (I don't remember), it was expensive for that era, especially with the synthetic stock that raised eyebrows, and not in a good way.

This was an excellent rifle, with an excellent stock that was not yet appreciated. My sis and bro in law parted company many years ago, so I have no updated information on his rifle. At the time, on every occasion he had to pull the trigger on a deer, the deer died.

Wow. We don't see these often.

My bro in law bought one in the late 70's or early 80's chambered in 7x64 Brenneke. Seems even then, at either 500 or 700 bucks, (I don't remember), it was expensive for that era, especially with the synthetic stock that raised eyebrows, and not in a good way.

This was an excellent rifle, with an excellent stock that was not yet appreciated. My sis and bro in law parted company many years ago, so I have no updated information on his rifle. At the time, on every occasion he had to pull the trigger on a deer, the deer died.
My dad has a 1950's vintage SL with the set triggers in 222 Rem he loves it

I was able to source two new old stock rotary magazines from Midway of all places. I am waiting to order a few trigger guards from Steyr so there is back up until I have time to do some casting .

The nightmare of a scope mounting (pre-internet) system has been removed and replaced with Warne scope bases . The rifle does appear to be a shooter and found out that it does prefer 130gr the 150's shoot minute of deer but the 130's are shooting nice 1in groups . The trigger does take some getting used to but now wish all of my rifles had set triggers !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top