JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking really hard on getting a Steyr M95 depending on how things work out on Monday. I want to try a straight pull bolt action, I want a bolt action with iron sights, and something that'd make a better woods gun than my ruger hawkeye (scopes are fine, but want irons).

It don't gotta be the most accurate rifle, and recoil is fine. I'm a southerner so anything below 70 means I got a thick coat on. :rolleyes:

Any experiences?

They are a very cool rifle. Extremely accurate, remember this. When you work the action with loaded rounds, do it abruptly. Don't try to ease thru the process. If you go slow I've had a few come in and folks say they don't work properly. Take it out and run a few rounds thru and they work just fine :)

They are a very cool rifle. Extremely accurate, remember this. When you work the action with loaded rounds, do it abruptly. Don't try to ease thru the process. If you go slow I've had a few come in and folks say they don't work properly. Take it out and run a few rounds thru and they work just fine :)
I was thinking of the carbine, as I'm thinking it'd be a handier woods rifle than my ruger (no iron sights so if scope goes entire rifle goes). Good to know about the action ahead of time. I like to load the next round fast anyways. :D
Buffalo arms sells brass and the correct size bullets for the Steyr. Bullets are .329", not .323' like most nominal 8mm calibers.
Good to know. This might be the rifle that gets me into reloading in my off time.

Dang, well as long as its an aperture and can be adjusted without filing the front sight.

I don't wanna drill and tap the receiver. Just means no low powered long eye relief scope.

Should be able to, thats the problem with the old milsurps, they were meant to be zeroed at 3-400 yds most of the time.
Might tryand see if you can find a loose front sight you can file on ( if its removable)

I gotta check em out then. Cause I know my STG-58 needs another Austrian gun in the house next to it.

Bought one already. And ordered a lot of PPU for it to have some brass.

Dude!! Have had a few, very cool rifles. Had to sell them, my bum shoulder couldn't take the recoil. Once I got the bores clean, a serious job, combat accurate or better.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top