JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A few months ago, I ran across a video about a ISSC 22 that looked a bit like a Glock pistol. I've seem some good and some bad reviews. ISSC came out with an updated version that resolved some of the problems. Then Steyr stepped in and asked ISSC to change the grip to match some of their center fire pistols. I assume that Steyr also provided some guidance on fixing the problems. This was several years ago, even though I've only heard of the gun recently.

I could not find very many reviews on the Steyr. I did see an old announcement from Steyr where they were going to sell the gun for $495. I did some searching and found that there were several of the ISSC and Steyr models listed on GunBroker. I round a Steyr with a threaded barrel and one the auction for $197. I figured that that was a very good price, if it worked out.

Today I went to the range and started loading rounds of various brands of 22 from cheap to CCI. I liked that the magazine was solid aluminum rather than plastic. All told I put 210 rounds through the gun. At the 7th mag, I had a failure to feed. The round was hung up on the feed ramp. I cleared the malfunction and got one round through it before it failed again. I took the slide off the frame and wiped down the feed ramp, problem solved.

The gun continued without any further failures. I did not clean the gun when I got it. I did see that there was no lubrication on it, so added some to the rails.

I was shooting at an 8" steel plate at 50 feet and had no problem hitting it. I did have a few misses. When I switched to paper, I found the issue. The gun was shooting about 2.5" low. When I was attempting to hit the lower portion of the plate, I would miss it. I had heard that you could order additional front sights of various heights. Probably very hard to come by at this time. Old push in style Glock front sights are suppose to fit this gun.

I put up a standard playing card and shot from a rest. I had no problem getting all rounds on the card, again at 50 feet. It was not a single ragged hole, but acceptable.

I did have one other issue with the gun, but might not be an issue, it didin't happen every time, but frequently. With the slide locked back and inserting a new magazine, I like to give the bottom of the mag a good hit with my hand. Some of my older military guns take a good effort to seat the magazine. Several time while doing this, the slide moved into battery with a fresh round from the magazine. Not the end of the world at the range, but not good either.

I think this pistol would stand up well against the more popular Ruger SR22 or Walther P22. This gun has a aluminum slide. I don't know what Ruger & Walther use now, but I know that at one time they had zinc slides.

Took the Steyr back to the range. I hadn't cleaned it yet. I put another100+ rounds through it at steel plates at 25 yards and 50 yards. Shooting at 25 yards I was able to hit the plate 80% of the time. At 50 yards, only 40% of the time.

I do like this gun and at the small price, it is a great deal.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top