JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As some of you may not know that I am honored to be one of the two people selected by the family to attend, sadly Ura-Ki will not be able to attend, I'll be missing you brother.

I will show up with a heavy heart and will do my very best to represent the community here.

I do not know if there is an itinerary or how things will play out but if they play Taps or bring out the Bagpipes I am gonna be blathering like a two year old wanting his snack.

If anyone has any requests I wll surely try to pass them on, time permitting of course.

Last Edited:
Here are some thoughts I have prepared (a list that I had started a few weeks ago).

I knew Steve on NWFA long before we actually met in person. You see, in 2014 six of us members had been involved in a looonnnngggggg conversation in a private message that has lasted for years, we named ourselves the Gang of six or GO6, respectively. @Taku, @BoonDocks36, @3MTA3, @Swedish K, @Sgt Nambu and myself.

This conversation was about anything and everything that was going on in our lives, past memories or plans of the future. There are 368 pages archived there. A real treasure trove of information and memories from us all.

If memory serves me correctly it was a cold and rainy day in Feb, 2015 at the State Capitol in Salem, four of the GO6 were there to show solidarity for our 2nd Amendment rights that our elected officials seem to have conveniently forgotten.

It was a feeling as if we all were standing in the foot primts of our founding fathers peacefully confronting the British oppression. Brothers in arms, if you will.
I'll never forget that because this is the reason why we pull together as Americans to protect what is rightfully ours.

Like Steve, myself and many others that visit our tight knit forum, we feel a sense of belonging, a true awareness of life and camaraderie with people that we've never met in person but have a deep respect for each other.

We wear a sense of pride having life experiences that are in likeness of so many others out there in cyberspace. Whether it's childhood memories, our years of service to our great nation, the BOR, our passions for family along with life and liberty.

I regret not attending a function gifting Steve with a member built AR-15 recently before he left us but I do know that he felt my presence that night.

RIP my brother, you are sadly missed and will not be forgotten.
SALUTE. :s0042:

Here are some thoughts I have prepared (a list that I had started a few weeks ago).

I knew Steve on NWFA long before we actually met in person. You see, in 2014 six of us members had been involved in a looonnnngggggg conversation in a private message that has lasted for years, we named ourselves the Gang of six or GO6, respectively. @Taku, @BoonDocks36, @3MTA3, @Swedish K, @Sgt Nambu and myself.

This conversation was about anything and everything that was going on in our lives, past memories or plans of the future. There are 368 pages archived there. A real treasure trove of information and memories from us all.

If memory serves me correctly it was a cold and rainy day in Feb, 2015 at the State Capitol in Salem, four of the GO6 were there to show solidarity for our 2nd Amendment rights that our elected officials seem to have conveniently forgotten.

It was a feeling as if we all were standing in the foot primts of our founding fathers peacefully confronting the British oppression. Brothers in arms, if you will.
I'll never forget that because this is the reason why we pull together as Americans to protect what is rightfully ours.

Like Steve, myself and many others that visit our tight knit forum, we feel a sense of belonging, a true awareness of life and camaraderie with people that we've never met in person but have a deep respect for each other.

We wear a sense of pride having life experiences that are in likeness of so many others out there in cyberspace. Whether it's childhood memories, our years of service to our great nation, the BOR, our passions for family along with life and liberty.

I regret not attending a function gifting Steve with a member built AR-15 recently before he left us but I do know that he felt my presence that night.

RIP my brother, you are sadly missed and will not be forgotten.
SALUTE. :s0042:

Great story, Jim, and very eloquently expresses what many of us feel. I think we all felt the same that day in Salem and the same for the brotherhood we feel. Yes, you were sorely missed when we later gathered for Steve, but all who attended, including Steve, knew you were there in spirit.

even my usual blabber-finger exuberance is moved to loss of proper things to say.....

just be there and speak for the rest of us of the joy Sgt Nambu brought to the virtual campfire

Great story, Jim, and very eloquently expresses what many of us feel. I think we all felt the same that day in Salem and the same for the brotherhood we feel. Yes, you were sorely missed when we later gathered for Steve, but all who attended, including Steve, knew you were there in spirit.

Thanks Brother, it's hard to swallow some things that can never be revisited but have to cope with the feeling that all is forgiven.

I do hope I'll be able to say a few words as it comes from the heart and soul of the community.

Thanks Brother, it's hard to swallow some things that can never be revisited but have to cope with the feeling that all is forgiven.

I do hope I'll be able to say a few words as it comes from the heart and soul of the community.

If you get that chance, please let everyone know the impact he had on so many lives here at NWFA. Mine included. It says a lot about a man when so many are affected by his passing.

If you get that chance, please let everyone know the impact he had on so many lives here at NWFA. Mine included. It says a lot about a man when so many are affected by his passing.

It sure does and mine too brother.;)
I'm sitting down to the desktop to print out a copy to take with me.
I never was a good speaker back in the day or this day, matter of fact but will do my best.

One can only hope that we leave the same lasting positive impression on people we meet (or have met) as Steve (aka Sarge) did here.

20180519_200804.jpg

Dang man i still can't believe it.

As others have said please let his family know the impact he had on so many around him.
He was a great human being, and an even better American.

Give his family our best, our prayers, and condolences.

Thank you for being there for so many of us.

It is an honor to have known Steve on a personal level. Great person who has affected a lot of people and changed our lives for the better.

I will never forget him. Jim thanks for doing what you do. I can't imagine it had been easy. Please give the family our love. If there is anything we can do to help please let us know.

20180520_201404.jpg

My wife and I arrived about 20 minutes after the start at 1 pm and walked in at the end of the storytelling and the dinner bell was rung so I did not get to make a speech as planned.

I did meet with Etta, Steve's wife and she was so grateful that I was able to make it. I told her that the members from NWFA & SM offered their thoughts, prayers and support for her loss and that Steve touched so many lives there.

She lamented on and on about how Steve loved the blog (as they called it), would always show her posts and just burst into laughter all of a sudden. It was a good thing for him during the latter days coping with his life battle. She is such a caring lady. I mentioned that if she needed any expert advice for anything to please reach out to Ura-Ki or myself.

I did not get a chance to talk to Ian (his son) but engaged in good conversation with Stacie (his DIL), she is a card ill tell ya. She was the POC for the family and she too told of how Steve loved being involved with NWFA and Survival Monkey.

I did give Etta & Stacie a copy of my speech and asked that they read them at their leisure, they were thankful.

What a long day it was on the way home, 2 hours of stop & go traffic.

I am proud to had been chosen to represent the community with my limited abilities but was worth it to meet Steve's family.

Rusty, Etta said to tell you hello and sent prayers for your mother.

View attachment 461904

My wife and I arrived about 20 minutes after the start at 1 pm and walked in at the end of the storytelling and the dinner bell was rung so I did not get to make a speech as planned.

I did meet with Etta, Steve's wife and she was so grateful that I was able to make it. I told her that the members from NWFA & SM offered their thoughts, prayers and support for her loss and that Steve touched so many lives there.

She lamented on and on about how Steve loved the blog (as they called it), would always show her posts and just burst into laughter all of a sudden. It was a good thing for him during the latter days coping with his life battle. She is such a caring lady. I mentioned that if she needed any expert advice for anything to please reach out to Ura-Ki or myself.

I did not get a chance to talk to Ian (his son) but engaged in good conversation with Stacie (his DIL), she is a card ill tell ya. She was the POC for the family and she too told of how Steve loved being involved with NWFA and Survival Monkey.

I did give Etta & Stacie a copy of my speech and asked that they read them at their leisure, they were thankful.

What a long day it was on the way home, 2 hours of stop & go traffic.

I am proud to had been chosen to represent the community with my limited abilities but was worth it to meet Steve's family.

Rusty, Etta said to tell you hello and sent prayers for your mother.

Thank you Jim. Means more than I can say ATM.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top