JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
For sale NEW PRICE $30 (can't change title, but this is actually a Savage not stevens). Some time ago a friend of mine was thinking of passing on and decided to leave this with me in remembrance. Shortly thereafter he learned there was way too much good beer to drink and decided to hang around after-all. His loss, my gain! It took a long time with lots of parts searching (and more than just a few bottles of Jack) but the Phoenix has risen from the ashes. She's got a little bit of everyone in her (shut up Beevis); Winchester front sight, Ruger rear, Remington trigger guard, and a Herters buttplate all of which is mounted onto a fine piece of Maine birch (Senator Collins would be so proud). i have no idea what the stock came off, but we made her fit (I'm warning you Beevis). As you can see I went full bore for accuracy - after free floating the barrel channel I found it necessary to secure the action to the stock with a 100% made in the USA grade 8 hex cap bolt. You can't call her "Lucy" no more.

Savage Sporter underside.JPG
Notice the fine inletting above and below (if you want some upward barrel tension, a beef stick fits in there real well - good for snackin when you're out hunting).
Savage Sporter right side.JPG
Savage Sporter free float barrel.JPG
Savage Sporter barrel marking.JPG
Savage Sporter 25yd group.JPG

Just so you know what side of the tracks this sweetheart came from I've included the original posting below. yours for the second.. Tim
:s0090::s0090::s0090:Just imagine the look on their face when they find this under the tree on Christmas Day. Santa's elves worked feverishly through the night assembling this heirloom quality firearm.
View attachment 11912
I've included a target I shot at 100 yd with Eley Tenex - just to show its marvelous capabilities. It was a lil windy that day so you have to excuse the lateral shape of the group.

Not really looking for much in trade, maybe a S&W Shield or perhaps a 10/22 by Ruger. If you're only interested in buying and not trading I guess I could let it go for $175 but I'm not much interested in any low ball offers, so please keep that in mind.
Savage sporter 100 yd group with Eley TenEx.JPG .

Ok, I'm gonna go have few more beers and wait for the offers to start rolling in. Yall have a Merry Christmas now ya hear.:s0090:

Savage sporter adjustable rear peep.JPG Savage sporter.JPG Savage sporter trigger guard.JPG Savage sporter barrel tensioning.JPG

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.