JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FYI..Went out to the Stevenson Range today. Big yellow diamond street signs are posted along the dirt road out to it, "Gun Range Closed August 1st" :(

photobucket-25208-1342595209132.jpg

photobucket-25208-1342595209132.jpg

That range is maintained by a group in stevenson. I've met the members before but the orginization's name is not coming to me. I think it will be closed from August 1st and on. I am surprised to see no bullet holes in the sign though. It always baffled me why people would shoot up street signs leading to the range. Don't they understand that's how locations get shut down?!?!

I discussed the closure in another thread but can't remember which one. This was the first time I had seen the signs posted so I thought I would let everyone know. I have previously spoken to the President of the gun club in Stevenson you are referring to (Cascade Sportsmen's Club). He told me that the DNR was closing it down for a salamander study and a timber sale in the area but that the trash had a bit to do with the decision. They had indicated that they had until the second week of August to get the shooting benches removed and such but, looking at the sign, it would seem the DNR moved it up from the second week to the 1st. Just don't want anyone to waste a trip out in a couple of weeks when that spot is gone. It's a shame, as it was a favorite, but it is what it is..

Also sad to see this place shutdown.
I was up there last weekend and also saw the signs, Kinda amazing how the sign has no bullet holes as of yet.
I also mentioned the signs on the thread about the appleseed event for Aug. 4-5.

Unfortunately I was up there just before coming to Annual Training with my guard unit. It is permanently. I spoke with one of the club members that did the upkeep, he stated the "friends of the Columbia River Gorge", BLM and owners of the property, one of the lumber companies. He said that they were going to be starting some studies on some of the wildlife...HMMMM I wonder how the wildlife likes the ATV's?!?

Was out there earlier this week, the signs have been changed, it says August 6th now rather than the first, still sad to see it closing permanently. Guess they gave the club more time to pack everything up. :(

Time for off road adventures to find a new spot...

The reason they changed the date was for the upcoming Applessed Shoot on August 4th - 5th. Appleseed will have full use of the range on both days, so don't get your hopes up if you were planning on shooting there this weekend.

I was up there on 8/4 for the Appleseed event. As I stated in another thread, the place looked like a damned landfill, and it's no wonder Skamania County closed it down.

Didn't bother to look for threads on places to shoot and took the trip out there today. Sign still says closed but gate is wide open. Sad to see this place closed down. Went up the rocky hill and saw a bunch of spent shotgun shells which didn't look too rusty. Apparently people are still using this place "unofficially". I'm really sad as this is the first place I shot an AR.

Anyone been here lately? I miss this place.

I saw they had a Appleseed event up there a month or so ago and it looked real nice from what everyone stated. It is now a private area I think from what I read. There were some pics and a article somewhere on the board but I can not find them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top