Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Stevenson Range Conditions?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by ebertcb, Dec 28, 2008.

1. ebertcb

ebertcb East Clark County New Member

Anybody know how badly the Stevenson range got snowed in? I have some time off work this week and was planning to get out there, but that was before the big storm hit. I'm curious as to when it will be accessible again. Things are melting pretty quickly here in Washougal, but I think they got a lot more snow and are staying colder than out here.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. kentsboots

kentsboots Oregon Member

I know this is an old post , but stevenson has been clear for a few weeks now

3. ebertcb

Thanks for the update - will have to get out there soon!

You wouldn't by any chance happen to know when the shooting matches out there are scheduled? Can't remember if it's 1st or 2nd Saturday of the month?

Thanks!
    Chris

4. kentsboots

kentsboots Oregon Member

I dont know anything about that , didnt know they did that there .

5. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

where exactly is this range,and is it public or private ? do they have organized shoots?
    with sunny days coming up I see a road trip coming,would like to check it out.

6. ebertcb

Head east on SR-14 - just past Bridge of the Gods turn left. It takes you around Ash Lake, and then up a hill and back onto some logging roads. Stay on the main road until it comes to a big gravel pit, and the shooting range is above that. (You come in underneath it and double-back.)

They had organized shoots in the past on Saturdays (not sure which Saturdays, but think it was either the 1st or 2nd of the month). It's maintained by a gun club out of Stevenson, but I haven't ever been able to find any website, etc.

Let me know if you get out there and what you find!

Chris

7. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris ! I'll let you know what we find out in the next few weekes.Weather is looking good for a road trip up there.

8. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

9. ebertcb

It's a public range, no cost, and not patrolled. I haven't had any issues, but it can be busy at times.

Looks like you pretty much got the area right on the map - it's funny sometimes how things look different from the air.

Let us know if you get out there!

Chris

10. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris - I'll have to drive out and check it out. It might be closer than clark rifles for me.