JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I recently bought a sibling to that one, also in 16 gauge. Finally took it out shooting yesterday. The balance, swing and pointing are really nice to me. The triggers are pretty stout. I'm very happy with mine.

The serial number is the stamped letters on the flat of the receiver when you break it open. Mine was 1953.

Two new snap caps, show firing pins in working order! Can hardly wait for the season. Bring on the grouse! :D

thumbnail_20220905_190032.jpg
thumbnail_20220905_190204.jpg

Just to appease my mind, I took "Granny" into my local gunsmith and had him check her over real well. He said it all looked fine and everything seemed to function as should. I took my snap caps so he could check triggers. Getting excited to get out for some grouse but, my hunting buddy seems to be on the slow end. I don't go alone and we usually drive down to Riddle, OR. for our hunting. Anyway, one more gratuitous photo and I'll let this thread die. :D

thumbnail_IMG_0704.jpg

That and a good ole fashion hunting knife!
In that case, I may have a Buck Woodsman for you, if you want it. I'll have to take another look.
Drop me a PM, if you're interested.
Nice gun, btw. Reminds me of the 511 I used to have, but yours is a little nicer. Less corporate, if you get my drift.
16 gauge is a good round. Grouse, Partridge, Pheasant, Chukar, Bobwhite, the list goes on.
Just becareful if you hunt waterfowl. Steel shot can tear up those old barrels.
Probably best to use something else for water birds.

Just becareful if you hunt waterfowl. Steel shot can tear up those old barrels.
Probably best to use something else for water birds.
That's a great tip and something to be remembered. I don't normally hunt water fowl so, no worries but, someone reading this post might use that tip. Really appreciate the comments and "Granny" has become my favorite and a couple of good conversations revolved around her already. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top