JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, down visiting my buddies at the local Tick Licker and came across this little SXS. It was actually in pretty good condition for its age and for $250, I thought what the hey, and bought it. It was made by Stevens and manufactured for the retail market back in the day to include the likes of Sears and Montgomery Ward. I figured it would make a great little grouse gitter for some upcoming hunts this fall. It wasn't gouged or all scarred up as some are of this age and the triggers felt pretty good with a decent amount of pull.

thumbnail_20220902_153812.jpg
thumbnail_20220902_153834.jpg
thumbnail_20220902_153851.jpg

Nice looking shotgun for sure.
Good luck with grouse this year to you.
Andy
Thanks Andy! I'm gonna load up on bird shot but, also some buck shot for who knows events. There is a company that I'm told makes inserts for the barrel to shoot handgun loads. Need to see if I can find it and what calibers are offered.

Love a good grouse gun
Like others, I've got the good ole standby pump shotguns but, something about a SXS always draws my attention! Guess it was due to my up bringing in the south where just about every home had 1-2 double barrels it seems. Not as small as a 20ga. and yet not as big as a 12ga. The 16ga just kind of fills a niche for me. I may pick up some slugs if I can find them for deer possibilities too.

16 is a great all around gauge for sure.
Way more popular in the south than here.

Pump shotgun work very well...and there are many to choose from.
A side x side however speaks to me as well
Finally found one in 20 gauge....it is a nice Savage / Fox ..not the most lightweight....but it does seem to shoot well for me.
I like a good 20 gauge...but that was ( and is ) what my first shotgun was chambered in...so there is that....:D
Andy

Got her taken down and cleaned. Surprisingly, she wasn't all that dirty! Tried to get both barrels but, kind of hard to hold steady and shoot camera at the same time! You'll have take my word that both barrels are shiny. I got to come up with a name for her since, I name all my firearms. (Yeah, I'm a weirdo, who cares!) Long and short of it is, I love it! Hopefully she'll be with me for a very long time.

thumbnail_IMG_0685.jpg
thumbnail_20220903_151359.jpg

So, from what I've been able to come up with in my searches, these were made by Stevens between the years 1914 and 1942. Cannot pin down an exact year as Stevens had a fire and records were destroyed. She's at least 80+ years young.

I try not to be an enabler...(but I am, most of the time)...

One of these .22LR pistols would pair well with Granny. 1662246787193.png
Photo found on icollector

That and a good ole fashion hunting knife!
Oh, now look what I did! I will have to start a GoFundMe for You...or else I will feel responsible for you not being able to heat your home this winter.

MTpockets...are his pockets empty or is he emptying yours?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top