JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was handling one today at Cabelas, almost took it home. I like the pistol grip and sights that come with it already.
Is this gonna break like the youtube vids show (some crappy spotweld fails when you forcefully rack the slide) or have the Chinese engineers figured it out yet?
Anyone owned/fired one before?
Thanks!

I know what to look for thanks to youtube vids, Gotta remove the pistol grip stock to break it down enough to find out. It's a little involved so I'll get to it later this week.

My youtube sources tell me the newest ones have plug welds instead of spot welds to solve the problem.

The salesman told me they just came in so I hope I got a newer one.

I'll update y'all if anyone is interested.

Well that's just rough math and I'm sure it could be gotten for less but for many years, a five pack of slugs or buck is around $5.
I'm sure you'll like your new shotgun!

Update: Disassembled including stock, found out I could have seen fix by just removing the barrel.

On the slide tube, they have eliminated the welded ring altogether and created a bit of a flange or tabs bent back and imbedded?, into the plastic slide grip.
Looks solid enough, don't really know what the problematic older ones exactly looked like, only poorly lit youtube vids with irritated owners. They described it as a welded ring or sleeve though.

Found this pic online of what was described as a fixed one and it looks like mine. 30c910g.jpg

Hope this educates anyone looking to buy one new or old. Won't get to shoot mine for a couple of weeks. If I don't post anything else in the coming months, consider it a good fix by the manufacturer!

Update. Since no one here appears to own one of these I'll give you all my first impressions of firing it today.
First off it doesn't like Suprema target and game low brass shells from wal-mart at under $6 a box! They don't feed right and even if you put them into the chamber 1 at a time they get stuck trying to eject every 3rd or 4th rnd.
I soldiered on and shot about 15 of them anyway. It never got better. I suspect it's the lower brass that is the problem with them in my shotgun.

This at least tested out the "slide fix" as I had to really put the torque on getting one out! No problems there.
Estate buckshot cycled flawlessly and was accurate with the ghost ring sights . Shot maybe 22 of the buckshot.

My shoulder started hurting by then so I gave up after that. I'm gonna try getting some shells that are easier on my shoulder and give it a better test next time. BTW got a nasty scratch on the barrel somehow in transport, the finish is a pretty cheap matte black.
Overall I'm still glad of the purchase, as long as it's just low brass that doesn't work I'm O.k. with it.

My cousin Tyler (youngfishtyler on here) has one. His broke during the maiden voyage - it wont feed from the mag tube. You have to manually depress the spring to eject the shell from the tube and hand feed into the breech. Hes a lazy bastid and wont send it in to get fixed. Expensive single shot now. o_O

My cousin Tyler (youngfishtyler on here) has one. His broke during the maiden voyage - it wont feed from the mag tube. You have to manually depress the spring to eject the shell from the tube and hand feed into the breech. Hes a lazy bastid and wont send it in to get fixed. Expensive single shot now. o_O
Bad luck, must have been made on a Friday or whatever the equivalent of Friday is in those commie gun factory sweat shops:(!!
Not calling my budget Shotgun a success yet, but it sure ran well with the Estate ammo! It'll be a couple of weeks yet before I get out and shoot her again, I'm going to try a couple more ammo brands and see.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top