JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here are a few picks of a recent restoration of a 1915 Stevens Favorite .22 single shot that I recently completed. The stock was in reasonable condition but the receiver and barrel were filled with rust patches. The firing pin was broken and seized in the breech block and somehow (go figure) the extractor was totally missing. I first stripped the rust and was thankful the metal was not pitted real bad. I was able to free up the firing pin by soaking the breech block in penetrating oil then using a thin pin punch to knock out the broken firing pin. I then acquired a firing pin and extractor for Wisner's Inc., and was able to install them with some minimal filing and fitting. Meanwhile I had the rest of the metal shipped off for a Cerakote finish. That took a while because of the pandemic impact. Meanwhile I started refinishing the forearm and butt stock. I used French Red Filler with a Tru-Oil finish. It took four coats of filler and three coats of Tru-Oil and then had to dumb down the gloss shine a little so it took a while for the curing stages.

This was the first restoration I've done in several decades and I really enjoyed not only doing it but also the end results. My next project will be a Savage 99 lever action which I'm sure will be loads of fun also and I know I'll be needing some help with its beat up stock.

Also just so you know I'm pretty new to forums so I hope I posted this correctly. Any tips let me know.

2 (2).jpg 2 (1).jpg 4 (2).jpg 4 (1).jpg IMG_20200619_170350266.jpg

Very nice. And the pics are great in the fact that I can enlarge them on my PC to get good close-ups. More pics before/after would be nice.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top