JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stephen King.jpg

Amid failure to secure new gun laws, Stephen King is urging gun grabbers, "Don't let up."
He wants gun control advocates to keep pushing and specifically notes that they should pursue a ban on "semi-auto rifles," which he calls "school shooter guns."

King tweeted:

"Hey kids! The NRA sweethearts are relaxing, and why not? School's out, no mass shootings for...gee, whole weeks now! Don't let up. Semi-auto rifles--known to my grandkids as "school shooter guns"--need to go."

King began his gun control campaign with an essay about new gun laws, written just over a month after the December 14, 2012, shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. In that attack, the gunman used a stolen rifle to shoot and kill 26 innocents at the school after first shooting and killing his mother, the rightful owner of the rifle.

USA Today published excerpts from King's essay:

No one wants to take away your hunting rifles. No one wants to take away your shotguns. No one wants to take away your revolvers, and no one wants to take away your automatic pistols, as long as said pistols hold no more than ten rounds. If you can't kill a home invader (or your wife, up in the middle of the night to get a snack from the fridge) with ten shots, you need to go back to the local shooting range.

King also used the essay to admit he owned three handguns.

I would think the chump would be more interested in crusading against the type of car that hit him, oh wait it wasn't the cars fault it was the driver.:rolleyes: Ya know, the guy he drove to suicide.

He's been anti-gun for a very long time, so I am not surprised, but that Twitter quote is particularly disgusting. Having enjoyed the horror genre all my life, I have read and appreciated some of his early novels. Though, frankly, I believe a lot of his work is overrated. And his political leanings are consistent with the rest of the anti-freedom dullards.

He knows that his writing career would have been very brief had a single good guy with a gun existed in each of his novels.

let me elaborate..

Monster: "Boo!"
GGWAG: "Bang!"

the end

Excellent point, @Certaindeaf. I remember one time when I young man I was at my parents dining with my younger brothers who were still in high school. They were chatting excitedly about a new horror film that they had seen, but I had not. I remember replying, "Eh, these new spooky movies are no good ... just unarmed stupid people and a psycho-killer." ;)

Never cared for the horror genre to begin with, and to me he was always "in a van down by the river" kinda creepy... the type you felt compelled to punch in the face for some strange reason.

:rolleyes:
Exactly...if Stomper wants to scare himself, he just looks in the mirror and yells...BOO! ;) (just like Chuck Norris would)

I really enjoy his novel "The Stand"...lots of good and some bad gun use , throughout the story.
In his novels , he can come across as both pro and anti gun , with how he wrote or what the characters did with the firearms....

That said ...the comments made by him in the OP are asinine .
Andy

I liked King's books when I was a kid and even up til the Towers series. But I do think that his work is overrated and simplistic.

He's been an anti-gun lib since forever and as I grew up and became an adult, he stayed stuck in a childish mindset. That's why he's not only uninteresting, but also irrelevant.

Stephen King... Irrelevant...

Looks like a creeper you'd keep away from your kids...

Another progressive pushing an agenda from those who consider themselves above the rest of us...

Pffffffffffftttttttt.....

From the guy who made millions glorifying murder. :rolleyes:

This :s0101:

Exactly what I was going to say... hes a frucktard anyways in my book. He wrote ok but often lost characters in a slobbering run on scene. Christine and Pet Semetary were the only two I liked.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews