JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Question for anyone who knows gun laws. My dad has a felony conviction for drugs almost 25 years ago. Nothing since then. My step mom wants to get her CPL and get a gun for herself, but of course she would keep it at home with her when she's there. My dad also lives there. So, my question is, does this make him a felon in possession if both him and my step mom are home and the gun is accessible? Would it make a difference if she left the gun home and he was the only one home with it? They want to do this legally so nobody gets in trouble or anything. Any help would be appreciated.

I may be wrong, but I do believe he can petition to get his firearm privileges reinstated.

Possibly.
There's a federal law that bars possession of a firearm by anyone convicted of a felony or crime punishable by more than 1 year imprisonment, UNLESS that person has had their rights re-instated by the state. So... Possible, but unlikely.

I should also add that I looked through the Oregon statutes, and they don't seem to have a clause about reinstatement in the 'unlawful possession of a firearm' law. That may be a barrier.

My ex-girlfriends brother was a felon and the house was filled with guns. His P.O. Told us that he could not have access to them, they had to be in a safe, lockable cabinet, or in a locked room (not his). He was convicted for drugs also. I don't know what the deal was if that is illegal, the P.O. Directly told me this.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top