JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Lage Max10/31 and I'm too cheap to pay for coffins or more drums. S-Mags are now out of production.

This is a little thing I found buried back on Uzi Talk. Figured I'd share here too for folks.

Recently picked up some Sten mags in various stages, including ball of cosmoline, from a member here. Super stoked about them. Some Indian, including one with the limiters still in place, Finnish, British and I havnt figured out the origin of the rest yet. I enjoy stuff like that. I might even leave most of the mags as they are for the "patina".

Sten mags are about 0.020" thicker front to back than the magwell on my Max10/31. There are 2 methods that seem to be used. Sand the front and back down or squish it in a vice. Obvious problems can arise from squishing them if you go too far. I chose the squish method.

Made 3 prototypes today with an endmill that would work great as a butter knife. Please excuse the HORRID finish.

Attached is a photo of a print from UziTalk as well as a pic of my prototypes next to a S-Mag.

I will silver solder these on in the coming weeks and update with mounting dimensions vs feed lips.

Hopefully this can help a fellow mac or Suomi user.

SuomiFitting.png signal-2021-01-22-190951.jpg

Hopefully I'll get my Suomi kit built up for a semi auto Suomi sometime to take even more advantage of the "new" mags.

Should be silver soldering up some tabs tomorrow afternoon. The girlfriend's dad made me some dummy rounds to fit mags with as neither of us has actual 9mm dummies and a buddy of mine has my 9mm Dillon conversion kit so I can't make them. I'll take dimensions of the tab location.

I'll also be making prototype tabs to fit the Lage upper to the PS mac (~0.100" wider than later guns at the front tabs) soon, I'll share those prints and experiences as well as making more spacers for the AR-15/M-16 A2 stock if anyone wants those dimms for future reference.

I've also been pulling prints from WeaponsGuild as I have time. If you need prints or 3D models, just ask.

Hopefully I'll get my Suomi kit built up for a semi auto Suomi sometime to take even more advantage of the "new" mags.

Should be silver soldering up some tabs tomorrow afternoon. The girlfriend's dad made me some dummy rounds to fit mags with as neither of us has actual 9mm dummies and a buddy of mine has my 9mm Dillon conversion kit so I can't make them. I'll take dimensions of the tab location.

I'll also be making prototype tabs to fit the Lage upper to the PS mac (~0.100" wider than later guns at the front tabs) soon, I'll share those prints and experiences as well as making more spacers for the AR-15/M-16 A2 stock if anyone wants those dimms for future reference.

I've also been pulling prints from WeaponsGuild as I have time. If you need prints or 3D models, just ask.
I have a small handful of extra snap caps if you want them. less than ten, but should suffice.

I have a small handful of extra snap caps if you want them. less than ten, but should suffice.
I appreciate it. Some were made with sized brass, unknown weight pulled bullets and a little piece of leather in the primer hole. Those should work just fine and I'm not hurting for 9mm brass.

I'll stain these the dykem or paint them with a colored sharpie to set them apart from live ammo.

First 3 prototypes silver soldered.

I have learned today that I suck at silver soldering, I'm really good at grabbing things that are hot and how to install/fit a SKS magazine. also got to use a hammer to touch up feed lips

With dummy rounds it looks like 0.530" below the feed lips seems to work great.

Live fire testing when the weather lets up. Rain sucks.

Propane isn't hot enough, you need MAPP gas at a minimum or an acetylene setup.
The silver solder melted just fine and the steel oxydized. The silver solder was acting like the surface was dirty. I am familiar with brazing.

Ill go hotter next time and see what happens.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top