JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When is the best time of day to fish for steelhead using salmon egg bait near Gladstone or off Clackamas River Drive this time of year?

I am getting back into fishing after a 20 year hiatus....Only been in OR a few years. Old to pond fishing, relatively new to the NW and river fishing.

Thanks.....

Best time of day would be first light and the magic hour right before last light id try further upriver for steelhead this late in the year you might run up to mciver park and fish below the hatchery there

On Saturday, I caught my first fish in more than 25 years. A five inch steelhead off the Gladstone rocks at about 8:15 PM. I set it free and I look forward to many more.

It would be better if I didn't have to stop home after work for the roe in the fridge....can anyone recommend a spinner or lure so I don't put eggs in the work fridge? I can stop off on the way home and fish for an hour or two.....

#4 bronze Bud spinner. And samuelm16 is right on when he says head up river. I'd be looking above Carver right now. Good cured eggs will be just fine in a little cooler. Good luck!

Summer runs will be heading into the lower section real soon now too. Send me a PM if interested and I'll turn you onto a few spots I liked when I lived in the area.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top