JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well last night was a first for me fishing wise (no where close to my first steelhead).
A new friend invited me to go "NIGHT FISHING" for steel from an anchored boat!!!! I have ALWAYS made it a priority to be off the water before dark even when running the rivers in my Jet sled.

Twas a different feeling standing out there watching the stars& the lighted blinking plugs being let out until we lost sight of them then setting the rods into the holders which had an audible & light alarm.

While sitting, BSing & waiting for the first strike to happen I was in the middle of a fascinating story about me almost being run over by my own boat & trailer at Drano years ago.....
BANG!!!!! The starboard alarm sounds off & that rod was dancin like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever....:eek::eek::eek::p
A short fight ensues following the orders of the captain and a dandy nickle bright 8 pound hatchery steelie is netted, bled & placed in the cooler.
That was the only fish that came to hand last night but it is one to remember!!! ;)

20160723_132809.jpg

Last Edited:
Congrats!

Reminds me of spotlight fishing at night down in Texas.

I don't think you can use a spotlight up here though was my mediocre understanding of WA fishing laws.

One of the best kept southern Washington secrets, Night fishing for Steelhead and Salmon! one of the bestest and most fun experiences! I used to do a lot of drift fishing at night, pure feel! Congrats on your first night experience! Much more ahead me thinks!

I'm planning on going for more Steelhead tomorrow on the Cowlitz river with a friend in his boat. With these low flows I will not put my 18' sled in there, my friends boat is a 16 sled which is just right!!!
Pic to follow....:p

I almost opted to say no due to the heatwave we are having here now!!! OMG it's goona be in the 90's!!!! I hope he will bring some form of shade!!!! OMG, it's just like down South, just a stiffling heatwave!!! Oh the horrors, I'll not be able to sleep tonight!!!
Nite folks, 3 am comes mighty early for an old phart.:eek::D

And you all should know it was not a total loss. I cannot bring any more fish home until I vacate some room in my freezer.....
And, I didn't feel like cleaning any fish today.... but I would've if we might have caught said fish....:confused::confused::confused::p

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top