JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know Where the cheapest place in the portland area is to get steel?
Need 6"x.25 plate, 188 wall square tube, Dom tube ect.
been to a few places and haven't been impressed.
5' minimums and no break in prices if I buy whole sticks of tubing or plate..
Any experience's, or prices would be great.
thanks.

There's a place in ne Portland, steel yard maybe? They have a whole rack of already cut steel that I think they sell cheaper. It's at least cheaper when you figure that you don't have to purchase nominal sizes.

I buy a lot of steel ($30-$50 grand worth a year) If you want the best price you are going to have to go to a a real service center. The small, cut to size shops are selling at a premium because they offer a fast, high value service of providing just what you need when you need it (Like Metal Supermarkets) Big, real service centers like Ryerson, or Farwest are going to be much cheaper, but usually they have $200-$400 minimums and if you need something cut either they simply wont do it or it will take a week or better to get it in the shear/saw schedule. Often the best compromise is a place like the Steel Yard where you can still walk in and there is no minimum yet they are not the sell by the inch model like Metal Supermarkets.

Thanks for the reply guys.
I'm going to check out clackamas for small odds and ends pieces.
I just started fabing.
so far I have turned an old flatbed work truck into a a single ram hinge dump, and a tube square rear bumper on my woods truck with quick disconnect mud flap brackets.
so 2-300 dollar range is what I'll be able to spend at a time.

I use Coyote Steel in Eugene... I know your up in PTown, but mentioning it for thems of us near ~BleuJean~ They always have a "scrap" bin of cutoffs and that sells by the pound!

I have always searched through that FIRSTEST.

philip :D

Clackamas has bins of surplus sold by the pound, too. Some of the stuff is pretty interesting...:)

From my experience they are cheaper than the Steel Yard on Columbia Blvd, but if you have to drive far it's probably a push.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top