JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well IF you were able to shoot enough to damage your rifle in all the ways claimed then you could easily replace the gun several times over with the money saved in ammo............

Not every AR well digest steel case but if yours does, why not.

Most steel case is pretty dirty, some is under powered. You can shoot twice as much or more for the same cost.

I generally only use xm193 but with the way ammo prices are going I may start buying steel case.

I have noticed a difference in accuracy in regards to the Silver Bear zinc plated I have been using versus the XM193 I have as well.
XM193 is much more consistent in grouping than the silver bear. Maybe just me.....

I have noticed a difference in accuracy in regards to the Silver Bear zinc plated I have been using versus the XM193 I have as well.
XM193 is much more consistent in grouping than the silver bear. Maybe just me.....

I am sure it is an accurate report. My target ammo that I load for my target AR is even more accurate. Yet I still shoot a lot of steel case though my other AR's.

It is all about what you want the ammo to do and what you are willing to pay for it. I would love to shoot my target rounds though all my guns all the time. I dont have the time or want to spend that much on plinking ammo........

I had the opposite experience. My AR, which LOVES M855, but shoots American Eagle .223, Federal, et al with no problems gave me fits shooting steel ammo. I ran Herters, Wolf, and Bear. Mainly it was FTE, but a few rounds wouldn't cycle the gun, so my guess is they are a bit underpowered. My AR is still pretty low mileage, I am guessing about 500-600 rounds run through it. The Herters was the worst of the three. For my shooting enjoyment, I'll pay a bit more for brass and avoid the frustration. I'll leave the steel case ammo for my SKS.
Chris

the other way around for me. Brass for plinking, practice, reload and repeat. Steel for battle/stockpile because if it ever comes to that picking up brass will be not a concern and leaving steel deposable cases behind makes more since to me. All the steel case I have shot is battle accurate all day....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top