JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't have a 12 any more but I have #4's in the 20, it will clear the room at in the house encounters range, chances are the bad guy even looks at those railroad tunnels, will think twice. Did you notice the size of the wound cavity of the different loads.
I'm wondering what range they shot from the shot had already spread out some. The FBI uses ten feet for handgun tests that's 3.33 yards and statistically most lethal encounters are from 3 to 7 yards. At that range the shot column hasn't even had time to expand and the force would be similar to a slug, I sure as heck wouldn't want to be hit at that range with a .410 even. Sure bird shot at 55 yards is pretty much harmless but will still sting, but you aren't going to be using shot for defense at that range, if you are half way smart about it.
triple 0 is overkill and you could have collateral damage from that. Single 0 is probably the very best if you want to kill someone up close and personal, I'd rather have the lighter #4 hunting load if I ever had to go to court, I can truthfully say they are all I have to get rid of varmints with such as rabid skunks or foxes, which is why I keep my gun loaded with them.
Think about it folks you need to win the encounter then you need to win in a court where you will be lucky if there is even 1 gun owner on the jury.
Gabby

I do not imagine anybody on here started carrying a cut down 24 inch rounded off sanded and stained shovel handle with a hole and leather strap on it in their car when they started driving at 16 or so. Not me anyway.
Nope
We found a nice ship beached down at Ocean City in the 70s
Took some iron wood off of it;)

Steel. ;)

sword 077.jpg sword 070.jpg

No, I have the utmost respect for what a katana in skilled hands can do, a respect paid for in the blood of countless soldiers and Marines in the Pacific during WWII that led to the maxim "whack the guy with the blade FIRST."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top