JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a few gongs/steel targets for my home range.
They need to handle 5.56/6.8 SPC/.260 REM/7.62x39 and 9mm/357 SIG.
Can someone recommend something pretty local to Vancouver, WA?
Anything hold up to M855, or is this not realistic?
Also need to know safe shooting distance from something like this for both rifle and handgun.
I've got right around 100 yards to play with on my property.
Thanks!

These two I've used before and they are quick, responsive, and use flat rate shipping so it's not much added cost.

http://www.moatargets.com/
http://www.shooterselement.com/

Below is a blurb from MOA Targets on caliber ratings for the steel. This should be pretty applicable across the board for other manufacturers that use AR400/500 steel.

Under no circumstances should steel jacketed, steel core, steel shot, armor piercing, or tracer ammunition be used on steel targets. Use of any such projectiles will void the warranty of your MOA target, and may result in injury, death, and recommendation for a Darwin Award. Please use your head for more than a sunglass holder.

¼" Pistol - Non-magnum centerfire pistols at 12 yards, up to 1,200 fps. Holes are square or oval and designed for 3/8" carriage bolts. AR400

⅜" Standard - Centerfire and magnum pistols at 12 yards, centerfire rifle less than 2800 fps at 100 yards, centerfire rifles greater than 2800 fps and magnum rifles at 250 yards. Holes are square or oval and designed for 3/8" carriage bolts. AR500

½" Heavy - Centerfire and magnum pistols at 12 yards, centerfire rifle less than 2800 fps at 100 yards, centerfire rifles greater than 2800 fps and magnum rifles at 150 yards. .50 BMG at 600 yards. Holes are square or oval and designed for 3/8" or 1/2" carriage bolts. AR500

1" BMG - Centerfire and magnum pistols at 12 yards, centerfire rifle less than 2800 fps at 100 yards, centerfire rifles greater than 2800 fps and magnum rifles at 150 yards, .50 BMG at 100 yards. Note: 1" AR 500 is the only target we cut with a CNC plasma. Purchasing targets at least an inch larger than what you need is recommended due to heat soak reducing hardness at the edges. Holes are round and 1.25" diameter. AR500

The USPSA rules require 23 feet safe distance for shooting steel targets with pistols.

It is not uncommon to get shards of bullet jackets splattering back so protect your eyes.

High velocity rifle rounds probably should consider backing off a bit more.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top