JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was dissapointed that my son shot up most of two spam cans of steel core 7.62X39 years ago. I thought it was hard to come by some time after i bought it. I recently checked a lot of the wolf 7.62X39 I have and some 7.62 X54 from a milsurp spam can and the bullets all take a magnet. Seems like almost every commie bullet is steel core.

I was dissapointed that my son shot up most of two spam cans of steel core 7.62X39 years ago. I thought it was hard to come by some time after i bought it. I recently checked a lot of the wolf 7.62X39 I have and some 7.62 X54 from a milsurp spam can and the bullets all take a magnet. Seems like almost every commie bullet is steel core.

Almost all the ammo I have come by for 7.62x39 is almost entirely steel.

They don't say it, and it looks like copper. But it's just a copper washing over steel. If you want to see this, just take a knife to the bullet, cut into it a bit, you will see the steel.

I actually did it myself. If I can find the camera I'll show you the pics.

I'm not a fan of the copper washing because the stuff gets everywhere even though it's easy to clean. I pulled the the muzzle break off my AK, and somehow the copper had covered the threading! At first I was worried it was rust.. But I don't know how water would get in the threading either.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top